Breaking News Emails
Boston officially broke its snowfall record for one season, notching up 108.6 inches this winter, the National Weather Service said Sunday.
February was by the snowiest February on record in Boston, at 64.8. For the winter season, that put the city an inch above the 107.6 inches set in the winter of 1995-96.
The city set numerous other snow records, The Weather Channel reported:
- Record 30-day snowfall: 94.4 inches from Jan. 24 to Feb. 22.
- Record snow depth: 37 inches on Feb. 9.
- Most consecutive days with at least a half-inch of snow: Six, from Feb. 7 to Feb. 12.
- Boston Buried by Snow Again as 'Absurd' Winter Drags On
- Calendar Problem: Snow Days Are Piling Up for Boston Kids