Use the map to track the storm’s path and strength as it travels. The map will update every three hours as the National Hurricane Center makes new projections.
Download the NBC News app for full coverage of Hurricane Dorian
When reading the map, keep in mind that the cone represents the probable track of the center of the storm, not the size of it.
Hurricane Dorian resources
- National Hurricane Center advisories for Hurricane Dorian
- The National Hurricane Center's article on hurricane preparedness
- The Dept. of Homeland Security's hurricane survival guide
- The National Weather Service's hurricane safety tips
- How to build a natural disaster survival kit
- Glossary of hurricane terms