Hurricane Dorian is snaking its way up the East Coast, threatening seaside cities and communities with potential flooding. The hurricane made landfall over Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, on Friday morning as a Category 1 storm.
Use this map to track the projected storm surge along Dorian’s path. The regions are highlighted based on their probability of the sea level rising more than 3 feet, with the darker regions being more likely to flood. The map will update every six hours as the National Hurricane Center makes new projections.
Download the NBC News app for full coverage of Hurricane Dorian
Hurricane Dorian resources
- National Hurricane Center advisories for Hurricane Dorian
- The National Hurricane Center's article on hurricane preparedness
- The Dept. of Homeland Security's hurricane survival guide
- The National Weather Service's hurricane safety tips
- How to build a natural disaster survival kit
- Glossary of hurricane terms