The beginning of each cycle of "America's Next Top Model" kicks off with a series of tough makeovers. Often the runway hopefuls weep as long locks are cut short and styles are radically changed. But that's nothing compared to the really tough makeover the entire show is undergoing for next season, as three of its most familiar faces -- J. Alexander, Nigel Barker and Jay Manuel -- won't be part of it any more.
According to a report in the New York Post, the powers-that-be behind the show decided not to renew the contracts of the longtime talent and told the trio Thursday morning.
A source told the Post the "production decision" was made because there are "major changes planned for (season) 19."
After the news broke, "Top Model" host Tyra Banks reached out to her soon-to-be-former reality TV co-stars on Twitter.
"Fierce & love 2 my @NigelBarker, @MrJayManuel & Miss J," she wrote. "#ANTM turned us in2 a family. Excited for what the future holds for us. XOXO TyTy"
In a post to his blog on Friday morning, Manuel assured fans "Nigel, Miss J and I had a great run, and now it’s time for us to move on."
Meanwhile Barker told his followers, "I'll still be there on 18 cycles of reruns and just wait for the next incarnation."
Alexander, better known to fans as Miss J, has remained quiet about the cut so far.
Despite the departures, executive producer Ken Mok issued a statement revealing that "Top Model" fans will still have a chance to see the ousted cast again.
"(They) have been an integral part of the ‘America’s Next Top Model’ brand and they helped turn this show into the household name it is today," Mok said. "They have been amazing assets to the show and will always be a part of the ‘Top Model’ family. We will continue to actively work with each of them on future projects.”
Are you shocked by the "Top Model" shakeup? Share your thoughts on our Facebook page.
Also in The Clicker: