IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Morning Rundown: Mystery surrounds company at center of Graceland battle, Utah grief author breaks silence in husband's fatal poisoning, and the Trump campaign takes hands-on approach to GOP platform

Firefighter injured during apartment fire in San Jose, Calif.

A firefighter was injured in a fourplex fire in West San Jose that displaced nearly 20 residents from their homes this morning, according to San Jose fire officials. A call came in about a fire in the 3700 block of Underwood Drive at 2:43 a.m., according to San Jose fire senior dispatcher Brenda Jaime. One firefighter was injured in the four-alarm blaze. San Jose fire Capt. Mary Gutierrez said the firefighter fell through the roof at 3:08 a.m. and was then hospitalized in stable condition. The firefighter has yet to be released from the hospital, she said. The fire started on the bottom floor and spread upward to the attic, Gutierrez said. All residents were evacuated and the American Red Cross is assisting the 17 displaced resident this morning, Gutierrez said. Gutierrez said a resident on the first floor said they had left a candle unattended, which the captain said is a probable cause of the blaze. The fire was knocked down at 3:38 a.m., however, some crews are still at the scene this morning, according to Gutierrez. Seventy firefighters, including mutual aid assistance from the Santa Clara County Fire Department, responded to the fire this morning, Gutierrez said.
A firefighter was injured in a fourplex fire in West San Jose that displaced nearly 20 residents from their homes this morning, according to San Jose fire officials. A call came in about a fire in the 3700 block of Underwood Drive at 2:43 a.m., according to San Jose fire senior dispatcher Brenda Jaime. One firefighter was injured in the four-alarm blaze. San Jose fire Capt. Mary Gutierrez said the firefighter fell through the roof at 3:08 a.m. and was then hospitalized in stable condition. The firefighter has yet to be released from the hospital, she said. The fire started on the bottom floor and spread upward to the attic, Gutierrez said. All residents were evacuated and the American Red Cross is assisting the 17 displaced resident this morning, Gutierrez said. Gutierrez said a resident on the first floor said they had left a candle unattended, which the captain said is a probable cause of the blaze. The fire was knocked down at 3:38 a.m., however, some crews are still at the scene this morning, according to Gutierrez. Seventy firefighters, including mutual aid assistance from the Santa Clara County Fire Department, responded to the fire this morning, Gutierrez said.San Jose Fire Department

KVTU reports: A firefighter, attempting to chop a vent hole in the roof of a burning San Jose fourplex early Thursday, suffered a badly burned hand when the damaged ceiling gave way under him and he tumbled into the flames, authorities said. The firefighter is in stable condition at the hospital.

A firefighter was injured in a fourplex fire in West San Jose that displaced nearly 20 residents from their homes this morning, according to San Jose fire officials. A call came in about a fire in the 3700 block of Underwood Drive at 2:43 a.m., according to San Jose fire senior dispatcher Brenda Jaime. One firefighter was injured in the four-alarm blaze. San Jose fire Capt. Mary Gutierrez said the firefighter fell through the roof at 3:08 a.m. and was then hospitalized in stable condition. The firefighter has yet to be released from the hospital, she said. The fire started on the bottom floor and spread upward to the attic, Gutierrez said. All residents were evacuated and the American Red Cross is assisting the 17 displaced resident this morning, Gutierrez said. Gutierrez said a resident on the first floor said they had left a candle unattended, which the captain said is a probable cause of the blaze. The fire was knocked down at 3:38 a.m., however, some crews are still at the scene this morning, according to Gutierrez. Seventy firefighters, including mutual aid assistance from the Santa Clara County Fire Department, responded to the fire this morning, Gutierrez said.
A firefighter was injured in a fourplex fire in West San Jose that displaced nearly 20 residents from their homes this morning, according to San Jose fire officials. A call came in about a fire in the 3700 block of Underwood Drive at 2:43 a.m., according to San Jose fire senior dispatcher Brenda Jaime. One firefighter was injured in the four-alarm blaze. San Jose fire Capt. Mary Gutierrez said the firefighter fell through the roof at 3:08 a.m. and was then hospitalized in stable condition. The firefighter has yet to be released from the hospital, she said. The fire started on the bottom floor and spread upward to the attic, Gutierrez said. All residents were evacuated and the American Red Cross is assisting the 17 displaced resident this morning, Gutierrez said. Gutierrez said a resident on the first floor said they had left a candle unattended, which the captain said is a probable cause of the blaze. The fire was knocked down at 3:38 a.m., however, some crews are still at the scene this morning, according to Gutierrez. Seventy firefighters, including mutual aid assistance from the Santa Clara County Fire Department, responded to the fire this morning, Gutierrez said.San Jose Fire Department

According to NBC News, the fire occurred at a fourplex in West San Jose that displaced nearly 20 residents from their homes this morning, said San Jose fire officials. 

A firefighter was injured in a fourplex fire in West San Jose that displaced nearly 20 residents from their homes this morning, according to San Jose fire officials. A call came in about a fire in the 3700 block of Underwood Drive at 2:43 a.m., according to San Jose fire senior dispatcher Brenda Jaime. One firefighter was injured in the four-alarm blaze. San Jose fire Capt. Mary Gutierrez said the firefighter fell through the roof at 3:08 a.m. and was then hospitalized in stable condition. The firefighter has yet to be released from the hospital, she said. The fire started on the bottom floor and spread upward to the attic, Gutierrez said. All residents were evacuated and the American Red Cross is assisting the 17 displaced resident this morning, Gutierrez said. Gutierrez said a resident on the first floor said they had left a candle unattended, which the captain said is a probable cause of the blaze. The fire was knocked down at 3:38 a.m., however, some crews are still at the scene this morning, according to Gutierrez. Seventy firefighters, including mutual aid assistance from the Santa Clara County Fire Department, responded to the fire this morning, Gutierrez said.
A firefighter was injured in a fourplex fire in West San Jose that displaced nearly 20 residents from their homes this morning, according to San Jose fire officials. A call came in about a fire in the 3700 block of Underwood Drive at 2:43 a.m., according to San Jose fire senior dispatcher Brenda Jaime. One firefighter was injured in the four-alarm blaze. San Jose fire Capt. Mary Gutierrez said the firefighter fell through the roof at 3:08 a.m. and was then hospitalized in stable condition. The firefighter has yet to be released from the hospital, she said. The fire started on the bottom floor and spread upward to the attic, Gutierrez said. All residents were evacuated and the American Red Cross is assisting the 17 displaced resident this morning, Gutierrez said. Gutierrez said a resident on the first floor said they had left a candle unattended, which the captain said is a probable cause of the blaze. The fire was knocked down at 3:38 a.m., however, some crews are still at the scene this morning, according to Gutierrez. Seventy firefighters, including mutual aid assistance from the Santa Clara County Fire Department, responded to the fire this morning, Gutierrez said.San Jose Fire Department

All residents were evacuated and the American Red Cross is assisting displaced resident this morning, San Jose fire Capt. Mary Gutierrez said.  Gutierrez said a resident on the first floor said they had left a  candle unattended, which the captain said is a probable cause of the blaze.