A man impersonating the "Sesame Street" character Elmo, who for years has hassled tourists for money in New York City's Central Park Zoo, was taken away in an ambulance on Sunday after security guards were called, the Daily News reported.
The man, said to be emotionally disturbed, reportedly yelled racial insults and other obscenities when he was kicked out of the park.
The man, whose identity was not reported, had pestered tourists to pose for pictures with him.
More content from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- Friends reel from shooting of teen lesbian couple in Texas
- NBC exclusive: Matt Sandusky details sex abuse by his father
- Report: Missing oil tycoon's wife had sought divorce
- Video: As burglars break in, calm teen dials 911
- NBC/WSJ poll: More would be pleased if health law ruled unconstitutional