Today's installment of campaign-related news items that won't necessarily generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* In South Carolina's U.S. House special election, Republican Larry Grooms has an interesting new ad featuring nothing but nice things conservatives have said about him. The Republican primary is tomorrow, and 16 GOP candidates will vie for the party's nod. A runoff is likely, and former Gov. Mark Sanford is expected to be one of the two Republican candidates to advance.
* Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) now acknowledges he's interested in seeking national office. Though he apparently intends to seek re-election, the Republican governor will not commit to serving a full four-year term if he wins.
* There have been rumors in recent weeks about former Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) eyeing a comeback, and so it was of some interest to see that Weiner spent more than $100,000 on polling and campaign research earlier this month.
* With former Gov. Charlie Crist likely to run as a Democrat against Gov. Rick Scott (R) next year, several notable Democrats who intended to run are bowing out. Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer has already bowed out and former Miami Mayor Manny Diaz also appears unlikely to run.
* In a bit of a surprise, Louisiana Lt. Gov. Jay Dardenne (R) has decided not to run against Sen. Mary Landrieu (D) in 2014. Landrieu is generally seen as one of the more vulnerable Democratic incumbents, but the GOP has not yet identified a top-tier challenger.
* In Ohio, Rep. Tim Ryan (D) has announced he won't run against Gov. John Kasich (R) next year, boosting the prospects of Cuyahoga County Executive Ed FitzGerald. Ohio Democrats are, however, still watching Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Richard Cordray, the state's former Attorney General, who may yet run for governor if Senate Republicans kill his nomination.
* And in Utah, Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love (R) lost in her bid against Rep. Jim Matheson (D) last year, but she's hired members of Sen. Orrin Hatch's (R) team and is already planning a rematch.