Donald Trump is reigniting his feud with Fox News, saying he is boycotting appearances after being treated "very unfairly" by the cable network.
In a statement, FOX News said that Trump announced his boycott after FOX News cancelled his appearance on the The O'Reilly Factor schedule for Thursday.
“At 11:45am today, we canceled Donald Trump’s scheduled appearance on The O’Reilly Factor on Thursday, which resulted in Mr. Trump’s subsequent tweet about his ‘boycott’ of FOX News. The press predictably jumped to cover his tweet, creating yet another distraction from any real issues that Mr. Trump might be questioned about," a FOX News spokesperson said.
"When coverage doesn’t go his way, he engages in personal attacks on our anchors and hosts, which has grown stale and tiresome. He doesn’t seem to grasp that candidates telling journalists what to ask is not how the media works in this country," the statement continued.
Trump has complained about the news channel's treatment of him in recent days, and he has reupped his criticisms of anchor Megyn Kelly. Last month, Trump accused Kelly of asking him inappropriate questions during the network's August 6 debate, and he suggested that the anchor was menstruating during the event.
The Republican warred with Kelly and Fox leadership for days after the debate, during which Kelly asked Trump a pointed question about disparaging words he used in the past to describe women.
But the GOP presidential hopeful and the network ultimately declared a truce, with Fox News chairman Roger Ailes releasing a statement saying "the air has been cleared."