Plan your midterm vote
You have 89 days left to register to vote. There are 89 days until the election.
- There are major rule changes in Iowa since 2020. See the changes.
- You can vote by mail without an excuse
- You can vote in person before Election Day as an in-person absentee only
- You can track the status of your ballot
- Yes. ID is required. Voters who do not present valid ID are allowed to cast a provisional ballot, but must provide valid ID to their county election office at a later date in order for their ballot to be counted. Valid forms of ID are listed here
Key midterm contests in Iowa
Primary winners and advancing candidates for the Iowa primary election below were selected on June 7, 2022.
How Iowa voted in past presidential elections
2020 Exit Polls
Summary of 2020 Exit Poll data that shows the proportion of how different groups voted.
2016 Exit Polls
Summary of 2016 Exit Poll data that shows the proportion of how different groups voted.