Plan your midterm vote
You have 56 days left to register to vote. There are 84 days until the election.
- There are major rule changes in South Carolina since 2020. See the changes.
- You can't vote by mail without an excuse
- You can vote in person before Election Day through early voting only
- You can track the status of your ballot
- Yes. Photo ID is required. Voters who do not present valid ID are allowed to cast a provisional ballot, but must provide valid ID to their county voter registration and elections office at a later date in order for their ballot to be counted. Voters who have a reasonable impediment to obtain photo ID can sign an affidavit attesting to that fact and cast a ballot. Valid forms of ID are listed here
Key midterm contests in South Carolina
Primary winners and advancing candidates for the South Carolina primary election below were selected on June 14, 2022.
How South Carolina voted in past presidential elections
2020 Exit Polls
Summary of 2020 Exit Poll data that shows the proportion of how different groups voted.
2016 Exit Polls
Summary of 2016 Exit Poll data that shows the proportion of how different groups voted.