Feedback
Pop Culture

Shooting at Toronto Event Featuring Drake Leaves at Least Two Dead

TORONTO — A shooting that started at a Toronto nightclub event hosted by rapper Drake and then spilled onto the streets outside early Tuesday left at least two people dead and three others wounded, police said. It wasn't clear if Drake was present during the shooting.

Police said they responded to a call about shots being fired at the Muzik nightclub on the grounds of Exhibition Place at approximately 3:30 a.m.

The nightclub was hosting the official OVO Fest after-party featuring Toronto rapper Drake. It wasn't immediately clear if he was present during the attacks.

Supt. Frank Bergen said the victims were a man and woman in their 20s and 30s. He said three other people were hospitalized with various injuries. Police believe there could be more victims at other locations and urged citizens to contact authorities.

It wasn't immediately clear if police had any suspects or made arrests, or what led to the shooting.

A similar incident occurred in front of Muzik last year when a 28-year-old man was shot after OVO Fest on Aug. 5, 2014.