Singer Brandy has one of the last messages ever delivered by Whitney Houston -- but she's not telling anyone what it says.
On Feb. 9 in Los Angeles, Houston approached the younger singer as she and fellow singer Monica and mentor Clive Davis were conducting an interview with E!
A post on RyanSeacrest.com says Houston "crashed" the interview, then goes on to say “Whitney seemed a bit manic as she told Monica about swimming ‘two hours a day,’ and conspicuously handed a note to Brandy before hugging Davis.”
When E! later asked Brandy directly what the note said, she replied “I’m going to just not say what it was and just keep it to myself for my own personal reasons.” She also told the network "Whitney meant everything to me ... She's the reason that I sing."
Brandy and Houston starred in the 1997 remake of Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella." Brandy also is the elder sister of singer Ray J, who had reportedly dated Houston on and off over the last two years of her life. Ray J gained notoriety in 2003 when a sex tape of him with Kim Kardashian was leaked to the public.
E! has video of Houston handing the note to Brandy, and Brandy's comments about not revealing its contents.
- Should flags fly at half-staff for Whitney Houston?
- Bobby Brown not banned from Houston's funeral
- Watch 'Glee's' unplanned tribute to Houston
- Janet Jackson advises therapy for Whitney's daughter
- No public memorial for Whitney Houston
- Was Whitney Houston broke when she died?
- Bill O'Reilly: Houston chose to die