Select is editorially independent. Our editors selected these deals and items because we think you will enjoy them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish time.
With the ongoing global supply chain issues causing increasing backlogs and shipping delays, many shoppers are scouring stores for holiday gifts earlier than usual. The silver lining? Early shoppers out and about will find that some major retailers are starting their holiday sales well ahead of the season.
Though sales will constantly pop up and change right up to Black Friday, Select rounded up some ongoing pre-Black Friday sales with reader interest in mind from popular retailers like Amazon, Best Buy and Walmart so that you'll know where to look to find the deals you want when shopping.
Pre-Black Friday sales to consider when shopping
Not all stores have started their preholiday sales yet, but here are some ongoing and recently announced sales to consider. The retailers in the list below include Select reader favorites and cover a wide variety of product types that we think shoppers will be interested in based on previous coverage. All of the sales included either notably high discounts or a wide range of products. Each sale includes multiple deals, however, and not every single one is going to be the best deal around.
- Adidas: Up to 50 percent off shoes, clothing and accessories
- Amazon: Amazon’s Early Black Friday sale has several ongoing deals, as well as unique daily deals on KitchenAid Cooks’ Tools, Breville Smart Ovens and more
- Bed Bath and Beyond: Early Black Friday deals on bedding, vacuums and more through Nov. 7
- BJ’s: Early Bird Savings are live through Nov. 29 while supplies last. Deals include up to 40 percent off select TVs, up to $1,100 off reclining seats and more
- Casper: Up to 50 percent off select mattresses and bedding while supplies lasts
- Crate & Barrel: Up to 60 percent off select furniture styles
- Dell: Up to 30 percent off select laptops, gaming accessories and more during the Black Friday Sneak Peek Sales
- Home Depot: Up to 40 percent off select tools, furniture and bedding, as well as deals on outdoor power equipment and more during its Black Friday Sales
- JCPenney: Up to 40 percent off select home essentials and up to 70 percent off select jewelry
- Kohl’s: Early Black Friday sales are live in-store and online through Nov. 7. Shoppers can get an extra 15 percent off in-store or online with code GET15 through Nov. 10.
- Lands' End: Up to 60 percent off your purchase with the code FOREST through Nov. 9
- Lowe’s: Up to 50 percent off smart home products, as well as up to 40 percent off select tools, vanities and more
- Macy’s: Up to 70 percent off jewelry and winter bedding, as well as up to 50 percent off kids shoes and more during Macy’s Black Friday Early Access Sale through Nov. 7
- Mattress Firm: Up to 50 percent off mattresses and up to 20 percent off bed frames, bedding and pillows
- Nest Bedding: 20 percent off select mattresses and 10 percent off select furniture, kids and baby mattresses as part of the Veteran’s Day Sale through Nov. 15
- Old Navy: Up to 40 percent off sitewide in an online only Early Black Friday deal through Nov. 8
- Our Place: Up to $125 off popular products like the Always Pan through Nov. 14
- Raymour & Flanigan: 10 percent off on purchases up to $2,999 and 15 percent off purchases over $2,999
- Samsung: Early Black Friday deals on phones, appliances, TVs and more through Nov. 7
- Sur La Table: Up to 55 percent off select cookware
- Walmart: In November, the retailer will host its Black Friday Deals for Days events online and in stores.
What to know about Black Friday
Black Friday, one of the biggest shopping days of the year, falls on the day after Thanksgiving — Nov. 26 this year. Most retailers did not offer in-person shopping last year because of the Covid-19 pandemic, but this year, experts said shoppers can expect to find major holiday sales both in stores and online.
Though Black Friday should be making a return to many major brick-and-mortar stores, retail experts previously told Select that you should not wait until Nov. 26 to start shopping. Notable holiday sales are starting well before the actual Black Friday this year: Target already hosted its three-day Deal Days event, Best Buy is offering a Black Friday price-match guarantee, and Amazon is hosting its ongoing Epic Daily Deals event until Black Friday proper.
Other retailers have already announced plans for holiday sales, and many will also begin before Black Friday. Walmart recently announced that its monthlong savings event, Black Friday Deals for Days, will be returning for November. The sales event begins on Nov. 3 online and Nov. 5 in Walmart stores, with a second wave on Nov. 10 online and Nov. 12 in stores, followed by Black Friday itself. Lowe’s also kicked off its Seasons of Savings event on Oct. 28 and will offer new deals and sales every week through December.
Black Friday price-matching
In addition to sales, shoppers should keep an eye out for stores offering price-matching. Target is offering holiday price-matching: If at any time until Dec. 24 the price of a product drops lower than what you paid for it, Target will refund you the difference — even if the lower price is from Target. Best Buy is also offering a Black Friday price-matching guarantee: If you buy a product before Nov. 18 tagged as a “Black Friday Price Guarantee” item and the price goes down on or before Nov. 26, Best Buy will refund the difference.