Our editors independently selected these items because we think you will enjoy them and might like them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish time. Learn more about Shop TODAY.
It’s officially November, meaning shoppers and retailers alike are gearing up for large Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, as well as winter and end of year deals. Similarly to other events in 2020, from Halloween to the 2020 election, Covid-19 has shaken up the way Black Friday shopping will happen this year. To avoid the potential of superspreader crowds, for example, stores like Walmart and Target have decided to break tradition and close their doors starting on Thanksgiving — they’ll instead offer discounts online only. So exactly when do Black Friday 2020 deals start? It's not as clear as in years past, given another notable difference this year: while Black Friday would typically kick off big sales of the season, Amazon’s Prime Day event — which was postponed months from its typical July date to mid-October this year — has virtually opened the floodgates to holiday shopping and sales events. To better understand what November may bring, and how readers should approach shopping during the month, we consulted retail expert Michael Bonebright from DealNews.com. Throughout November, we'll be regularly updating this article with the latest, best Black Friday deals to consider.
What stores are having big sales right now
In preparation for Black Friday, some retailers are hosting their own major sales events, including Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Walmart.
If you need a product to arrive by Christmas, your best bet is to order it in early November.
Michael Bonebright, Senior Blog Editor, DealNews.com
While Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Week will soon begin on Friday, Nov. 20, right now you can save on hundreds of toys, as well as fashion, tech, Amazon devices and more during the retailer’s Holiday Dash sale, an extension of its Prime Day sale. Likewise, Best Buy is currently offering early Black Friday sales, although the main discounts are set to drop on Nov. 22. ”Historically, Best Buy has offered new doorbusters every day of its Black Friday sales, so it's definitely worth checking in with the store throughout the month in case of new deals,” Bonebright said. Target is also extending its Black Friday sale, with Black Friday Now deals dropping every Thursday. And Walmart plans to host a number of Black Friday sale events this year, giving shoppers ample opportunities to prep their winter savings and holiday shopping. Bonebright said both Target and Walmart deals could lead to price wars with other competitors. Aside from the major sales mentioned above, there are plenty of sales to choose from right now: We’ve compiled some outstanding Black Friday sales below, as well as other November savings and deals that are going on now.
Best Black Friday 2020 sales and other November discounts
- 23andMe is offering up to 50 percent off DNA tests
- Abercrombie & Fitch is offering up to 70 percent off clearance and 25 percent off all jeans, as well as up to 50 percent off clearance at Abercrombie Kids.
- AeroGarden is offering up to 35 percent off all gardens and 20 percent off or more sitewide with code HOLIDAY20 through Nov. 22.
- Aeropostale is giving you 50 to 70 percent off sitewide during their Black Friday Holla-busters sale.
- Bed Bath & Beyond is offering a variety of sales, including 20 percent off select Tempur-Pedic items, up to $70 off Shark vacuums and 25 percent off select bakeware.
- Belk is giving you up to 60 percent off bedding and holiday decor, as well as up to 25 percent off Champion clothing.
- BioBidet is offering up to 33 percent off top-selling bidets and accessorie
- Bonobos is offering up to 25 percent off sitewide with code 321GIFTOFF and 30 percent off purchases of $250 or more
- Canary is collaborating with Nom Nom to give you over 50 percent off the first two-weeks off a Nom Nom meal subscription and the Canary View Camera.
- Costco is providing holiday savings on select furniture, toys, apparel and more.
- The Disney Store is offering up to 50 percent off select costumes and costume accessories for a limited time, as well as up to 50 percent off select toys, clothing, home and more during the Magical Savings Event.
- Keurig is offering 50 percent off a coffee maker and 25 percent off beverages when the items are purchased as a part of the Keurig Starter Kit.
- Kohl’s is offering 25 percent off or more on select items from Columbia through Nov. 10 and up to 70 percent off clearance items.
- Lenovo is giving you up to 70 percent off doorbusters, including most ThinkPad laptops and desktops through Nov. 15.
- Lord and Taylor is offering 50 to 70 percent off sitewide, 50 percent off kidswear and 20 percent off beauty.
- Lowe's is offering up to 60 percent off Amazon Alexa items through Nov. 7, as well as up to 40 percent off select lighting and ceiling fans and up to 60 percent off select electrical products.
- Macy’s is providing 20-65 percent off select furniture, mattresses and rugs until Nov. 15.
- Nest Bedding is offering 20 percent off sitewide with code UNIFORM through Nov. 15.
- Old Navy is offering up to 50 percent off storewide on all jeans, coats, sweaters and jackets.
- Olympia Sport is providing 50 percent off select footwear, apparel, accessories and more sitewide.
- Pandora is offering 35 percent off select items sitewide every Friday through Dec. 1.
- Target is offering early Black Friday sales right now and plans to drop new sets of deals each week.
- Walmart is offering early Black Friday sales on home goods, electronics, toys and more.
- Wayfair is providing early Black Friday sales on living room seating, outdoor furniture and more through Nov. 13. You'll also find up to 70 percent off kitchen essentials and up to 60 percent off dining room furniture, bedroom furniture, Christmas trees, decor and more during their Big Holiday Sale.
- Williams-Sonoma is offering an extra 20 percent clearance with code EXTRA.
- Wilsons Leather is offering an extra 45 percent off sitewide with code VETSDAY.
Best deals to shop right now
This 65-inch Samsung smart TV features backlights which adjust to portray better contrast and richer colors. It sports four speakers: two at the top and two at the bottom, which are meant to follow the sound during any scene. Additionally, it includes Amazon Alexa so you can conveniently control your TV through voice commands.
The 3rd gen Echo Dot is essentially a compact and more affordable version of the larger 3rd gen Echo. It's a great option if you're looking to find access to Alexa but don't need the larger components, including a woofer or larger speakers. You can use it to adjust your smart home, make phone calls, check the weather and more. Plus, you can find it in a handful of colors, including Heather Gray and Plum.
This LG smart TV features a 4K processor for higher quality images and colors, as well as Dolby Vision IQ to automatically adjust its picture settings depending on what you're watching. It also includes gaming features like NVIDIA G-SYNC and FreeSync for less lag and smoother gaming. For convenience, you can pair it with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
The iRobot Roomba E5 is a great option for pet owners and those who want a Roomba with greater suction power. It sports two brushless rollers, to sweep up hair without getting tangled, an allergen filter and dirt detect sensors. Plus, it features adaptive navigation and it'll automatically recharge itself after it's done cleaning. For convenience, you can set cleaning schedule via the iRobot HOME app or through voice controls.
The Apple AirPods Pro are no stranger to NBC News Shopping content and were one of the most purchased items by NBC News Shopping visitors during Amazon Prime Day 2020. Tech expert Whitson Gordon previously dubbed them one of the best wireless earbuds for Apple users in our wireless earbuds roundup. You can also opt for the classic Apple AirPods, which fitness expert Stephanie Mansour said are the best pair of earbuds she's ever used.
This Vince Camuto bootie features a sleek design with a pointed toe and western touch. It's made of a leather upper and synthetic leather with a rubber sole. It also includes a three-and-a-half-inch block heel, as well as a zip closure at the back of the shoe. You can find it in a variety of colorways, including Tortilla Suede and Snakeskin to match your outfits during the fall, winter and summer. And if you prefer your boots to have a rounded toe, consider this Lucky Brand option.
What to buy in November and what can wait
Aside from insights into what items we should look out for, Bonebright urged shoppers to shop early this year. “More people are expected to shop online this holiday season, so shipping is going to get backed up. If you need a product to arrive by Christmas, your best bet is to order it in early November,” said Bonebright.
Coming straight out of Halloween, the first week of November is always the best time to save on candy (and leftover costumes). Bonebright said shoppers can expect to see price drops of up to 50 percent on Halloween candy as early as Nov. 1, but prices will fall further in the next few days. Similarly, as back to school sales are finally over, many school supplies will be moved to clearance. Bonebright says backpacks and lunch boxes are an especially great buy during early November.
And with shopping looking a little different this year, Black Friday deals are happening earlier than usual. For that reason, Bonebright says the entire month of November is a great time to shop for electronics. “In particular, you can look to save up to 50 percent on name-brand speakers and headphones, and entry-level streaming media players will hit $25 or less.” This also means it’s a great time to look for TVs (a Black Friday doorbuster classic). “In general, you can expect to pay less than $100 for a small TV, around $200 for a mid-size set, and $500 to $800 for a big-screen,” said Bonebright. Plus, you can find Apple products at discounts during Black Friday, including the 8th gen iPad which is expected to hit $250 this month.
While November is rife with sales, Bonebright says there are still some items shoppers should pass on that will typically see larger discounts in the coming months. Although there may be a few attractive winter clothing sales, Bonebright says there are usually far better discounts and more variety in January and later. Likewise, Bonebright recommends waiting to purchase jewelry and gift cards until December as there will be lots of sales and bonus offers. Bonebright also advised not to splurge on exercise equipment or home gym machines before January.
More shopping guides and recommendations
- Affordable air purifiers under $100
- Which game console should you gift?
- iPhone 12 pre-orders now live
- Why the Gaiam Balance Disc is essential for me