Our editors independently selected these items because we think you will enjoy them and might like them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish time. Learn more about Shop TODAY.
From hugs to massages, deep touch pressure therapy is good for you: it can help reduce anxiety and calm your nerves by stimulating the production of oxytocin in your brain. But sometimes, especially for people with sensory processing disorders, physical touch can feel confining, stifling or unwelcome depending on the context. So how can you experience the benefits of firm and gentle pressure, without restriction?
These Puro Down Weighted Blankets use glass beads that are sewn into small compartments of the blankets, applying gentle, even pressure across your body as you rest. The result is a deeply calming effect that uses the same principles as deep pressure touch (DPT), a type of therapy that uses firm, hands-on pressure to reduce chronic stress and high levels of anxiety.
As a result, you can fall asleep faster, sleep longer and wake up feeling more refreshed — all while minimizing any disruptive movement and noise while you rest. There are several different weighted blanket options you can choose from:
- The 20 lb. blanket typically costs $170.99 but you can get it here for $121.99 — a 28 percent discount
- The 15 lb. blanket typically costs $135.99 but you can get it here for $101.99 — a 25 percent discount
- The 12 lb. blanket typically costs $115.99 but you can get it here for $96.99 — a 16 percent discount
- The 10 lb. blanket typically costs $100.99 but you can get it here for $73.99 — a 26 percent discount
- The 7 lb. blanket typically costs $85.99 but you can get it here for $68.99 — a 19 percent discount
For optimal results, you should use a blanket that is approximately 10 percent of your body weight.