Breaking News Emails
Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.SUBSCRIBE
By Cassandra Vinograd
June 24, 201603:15
Every great break-up needs a soundtrack — and Britain's seismic uncoupling from the European Union is no different.
NBC News asked for recommendations for the ultimate "Brexit Playlist."
Here are some suggestions. Play 'em as loud as you want.
- "Go Your Own Way," by Fleetwood Mac (via @scanthony14)
- "So Long, Farewell," from "The Sound of Music" (via @ericjhortiz)
- "Anarchy in the U.K.," by the Sex Pistols (via @wiseguyDC)
- "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)," by Kelly Clarkson
- "I'm Coming Out," by Diana Ross (via @aho)
- "These Boots Are Made for Walking," by Nancy Sinatra (via @TacoBellPicasso)
- "All By Myself," by Celine Dion (via @stefan1848)
- "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do," by Neil Sedaka (via @jhwright62)
- "Panic," by The Smiths (via @ian_sager)
- "Leaving on a Jet Plane," by John Denver (via @pat1amaral)
- "Bad Blood," by Taylor Swift (via @brinleybruton)
- "Bye, Bye, Bye," by *NSYNC (via @d_arkin)
- "It's the End of the World as We Know It," by R.E.M. (multiple readers)