A third suspect was charged Friday with helping a gunman who shot dead two people and injured five police officers in the Danish capital earlier this month, police said. Copenhagen Police spokesman Sebastian Richelsen told NBC News that the "young man" was arrested and charged at 10:35 a.m. local time (4:35 a.m. ET). He was scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing Saturday, Richelsen said. He added that no more information was being released about the man's identity or the details of the charges.
He is accused of helping Omar Abdelhamid Hussein, the gunman who opened fire at a free speech event and a synagogue in Copenhagen. Hussein was killed in a shootout with police hours later. Two other people, also unidentified by authorities, were charged on February 16 with aiding the shooter.
- Copenhagen Gunman Hussein Was in Prison Alongside Radicals: Official
- Copenhagen Attacks: Gunman Had 'Good Heart', Friend Says
- Lars Vilks: Danish Terror Shooter 'Better Equipped' Than Police