Active search operations have concluded at the Washington state mudslide that killed at least 41 people, officials announced on Monday.
Two people remain missing after the March 22 landslide
Workers will continue to remove debris to clear the small community of Oso, Washington, and clear Highway 530, officials said. Spotters will also work along heavy equipment operators.
The two missing victims are 53-year-old Steven Hadaway, who had been installing a satellite TV dish at a home, and 44-year-old Kris Regelbrugge, whose husband's body already has been recovered.
"This has been a difficult decision because I know that Kris and Steve’s families are looking for closure,” said Snohomish County Sheriff Ty Trenary, according to the Associated Press.
Officials also said the county and state will form a joint commission to review what happened before and after the slide.
On Sunday, Frank Hadaway expressed doubt that his brother would be found.
"It was a devastating slide and it has been a month, so will they ever find him? Probably not," Hadaway told Seattle NBC affiliate KING5.
"He loved the mountains so maybe he is home, maybe that will be his resting place."