Man Dies in Suspected Ebola Case in Saudi Arabia

 / Updated 

Breaking News Emails

Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.

A Saudi man suspected to have been infected with the Ebola virus on a business trip to Africa died early Wednesday. He had been admitted to a hospital in Jeddah two days earlier with symptoms of hemorrhagic fever.

The man had just returned from a trip to Sierra Leone. The Saudi health ministry said that he would be buried according to both Islamic practice and international guidelines for suspected Ebola patients. The health ministry said that it was in touch with his family and watching for symptoms in people he had contact with. The kingdom has also suspended pilgrimage visas from West African countries.

IN-DEPTH

— Erin McClam

Breaking News Emails

Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.
MORE FROM news