Breaking News Emails
PARIS — The investigation into the Paris terror attacks that left 17 people dead could take years to complete, a prosecutor said Wednesday. Francois Molins told a press conference that more than 2,000 pieces of evidence had been gathered. The probe would be "very long," Moilns said, adding that it could take "months, even years."
The prosecutor also gave details of four people accused of having links to Ahmedy Coulibaly, the gunman who killed a policewoman, and four people at a kosher supermarket. Molins said police found guns, a dagger and a video appearing to show Coulibaly pledging allegiance to ISIS inside his safe house in the northern Paris suburb of Gentilly. Four suspects with alleged links to Coulibaly are remain in custody accused of being associated with terrorist activity and "procuring arms."
Three of them, identified only as Willy P., Christophe R. And Tony N., met several times to buy weapons for Coulibaly including "tactical vests and lacrymogene [tear gas] bombs," Molins said. A fourth, described as Michael A., met Coulibaly 18 times, including on the eve of the Charlie Hebdo shooting. His DNA was also found on one of Coulibaly’s guns and a glove found at the store, Molins said.
- Fear Stalks U.K.'s Jews After Paris Supermarket Attack
- Paris Supermarket Attack Hero Receives French Citizenship
- TODAY: Obama's Chief of Staff Takes Rap for Paris Rally Snub