The invitation tech journalists have been waiting ages for just arrived: Apple will indeed be holding an event on Oct. 4, at 10 a.m. PT, on the company's Cupertino campus. The subject of the press event? "Let's talk iPhone," reads the invite.
They don't say iPhone 5, they don't say iPhone 4S, they don't say anything else, in fact. But assuming even half of the rumors about the new iPhone — or iPhones — are true, we're in for a pretty interesting announcement.
Rest assured we'll be there, covering it live.
- iPhone 5 to be announced on October 4?
- Al Gore: 'New iPhones coming out next month'
- iPhone rumors: What to expect this October
- Stevie Wonder praises Steve Jobs and Apple tech
- iPhone 5 arriving by mid-October, say sources