It seems "Call of Duty: Black Ops" players have been a very busy and very bloody bunch. According to statistics released by Activision in the above handy-dandy infographic, the game's players have racked up a kill count that equals the population of the world nine times over.
In fact, that infographic is full of all sorts of fun stats (click the image above to get an up-close look). Some of my faves...
"Black Ops" players have now:
- Fired 1.1 trillion shots
- Executed 5,123,592,368 headshots
- Ran around the earth 129,069 times
- Fallen the height of Mount Everest 5,671,102 times
- Battled for the duration of World War II times 161
If you're looking to contribute to the above numbers, then you'll be happy to know that the first new multiplayer downloadable content is available starting today via Xbox Live.
"Call of Duty: Black Ops — First Strike" adds five new maps. "Berlin Wall," is new map set around the famed German barrier. "Stadium" is a close-quarters combat map set in a sports complex. The "Discovery" map is set in an abandoned German outpost along the coast of Antarctica. "Kowloon" spans the levels of high-rises and rooftops of Kowloon City, Hong Kong.
And yes, there are more zombies. "First Strike" features a new level called "Ascension" which pits players against hoards of zombie Soviets and zombie monkeys in a Cold War-era cosmodrome.
You heard me right — zombie monkeys! Open fire!
For more "Black Ops" goodness, check out:
- Most pirated game of 2010: 'Call of Duty: Black Ops'
- Actress in controversial 'Call of Duty' ad calls it a 'dream role'
- Outrage over 'Call of Duty' ad outrageous