IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Silent killer: the rising toll of carbon monoxide in public housing


At least 13 people have died from carbon monoxide in federally subsidized housing since 2003, according to an NBC News investigation, but HUD does not currently require working carbon monoxide detectors in public housing. This is the story of HUD residents Anthony and Gwendolyn Fleming, from Wayne, Michigan, who died in February 2019, and their daughters, who are fighting for justice.