Select is editorially independent. Our editors selected these deals and items because we think you will enjoy them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish time.
As July comes to a close, summer sales are only heating up — we updated our lists below with the latest worthwhile deals to check out. Brands like Everlane and Topshop are offering savings on dresses and jumpsuits if you’re looking for a new outfit to wear after months of staying home in pajamas. Bloomingdale's also discounted clothing, housewares and beauty products in-stores and online — if you’re going out, make sure to wear a face mask. For those looking to make the most of a staycation, retailers like Home Depot are offering savings on items that can upgrade your outdoor oasis. Low prices on patio furniture, grills and pool floats can help elevate your summer both while the sun is out and after it sets.
Best July buys — and what can wait
We consulted Michael Bonebright, a consumer analyst from DealNews.com, to learn more about navigating shopping for the best sales and deals throughout July. One of the best items to buy during July is patio furniture. Retailers like Wayfair and Overstock are offering large discounts on tables, couches and dining sets. Bonebright said savings on patio furniture will most likely last through September, but the selection is better at the beginning of the season. While there may be a variety of laptop sales in July, Bonebright suggests waiting to purchase a new computer until the fall when back to school deals begin. He said prices on laptops will steadily decrease through Black Friday.
Bonebright also said travel companies are currently offering “record-breaking” discounts on airfare, cruises and hotel bundles. However, due to the coronavirus, he does not recommend purchasing anything related to travel in the coming months. Instead, Bonebright said people should take advantage of deals on items that make spending time at home more enjoyable.
What stores are having big sales right now?
- Aerosoles is offering up to 70 percent off shoes like sandals, sneakers and boots.
- Apt2B is offering 17 percent off sitewide and free shipping through August 3 during its Friends and Family Sale.
- ASOS is offering an extra 25 percent off final sale items with code ASOSSALEKEEPS, plus free shipping.
- Athleta is offering up to 60 percent off select Athleta Girl and women’s items like bathing suits, shorts and leggings.
- Backcountry is offering up to 40 percent off select items.
- Bloomingdale’s is offering 30 to 50 percent off a large selection of regular-price items, and 60 to 70 percent off select Bloomingdale’s Own clearance fine jewelry. Bloomingdale’s is also offering an extra 50 percent off select clearance items.
- Chico's is offering select White Denim Styles for $39 through July 31. You can also get 40 percent off your purchase — excluding items in Chico's New Collection — with code 23705.
- Everlane is offering up to 50 percent off men’s and women’s clothing, shoes and accessories during its first-ever fixed-price sale. Dozens of items are also discounted in the Final Sale section. Items will remain on sale while supplies last.
- Home Depot is offering select patio sets for under $300 and 15 to 50 percent off select small appliances.
- Lifeproof is offering 20 percent off sitewide through August 1.
- Mackenzie-Childs is offering up to 70 percent off select items during its first-ever online Barn Sale through August 2.
- Meater is offering deals on the Meater+ wireless leave-in meat thermometer through July 31.
- Nike is offering up to 25 percent off next season’s styles through August 8, like Nike Court Vision Mid men’s shoes and Women’s Crop Running Tights.
- Nordstrom is offering up to 60 percent off select men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, as well as home and beauty items. Customers can also now preview items discounted during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, which opens on August 4 for select cardholders and August 13 for all cardholders.
- Old Navy is offering up to 50 percent off all jeans and T-shirts for men, women and children. Select kids items are also discounted up to 60 percent.
- Otterbox is offering 20 percent off sitewide through August 1, excluding outdoor products.
- River Island is offering up to 30 percent off men’s and women’s seasonal clothing, like biker jackets and shorts.
- ROAM Luggage is offering up to 43 percent off select designs made with colors that will be discontinued soon.
- Topshop is offering up to 70 percent off select clothing, shoes and accessories.
- Travelpro is offering up to 50 percent off select items in its Platinum Elite collection through August 2.
- Williams-Sonoma is offering an extra 20 percent off clearance items with code EXTRA, like cookware, gardening supplies and cutlery. Items are on sale while supplies last. Select All-Clad items are up to 65 percent off and you can get $25 off some KitchenAid Bowl and Scraper Attachments.
- Zara is offering up to 75 percent off women’s, men’s and children’s clothing, as well as shoes and bags.
10 best deals to shop now
Since it’s waterproof for up to 33 feet, you can swim with it, and it has four digital lenses that let you choose the right one for what you’re filming. The GoPro Hero8 Black connects to the GoPro app so you can easily edit and share your experiences. It also allows for mountable attachments like lights, microphones and stands.
Made for easy travel, this suitcase fits in the overhead compartment of planes and has self-aligning spinner wheels that won’t get stuck while you walk through the airport. It comes with an external USB port and a dedicated pocket for you to put a portable power bank, as well as a removable quart-sized pocket to store toiletries. The suitcase also has a padded sleeve that will protect tablets and laptops. This carry-on bag comes in four colors: Shadow Black, Vintage Grey, Bordeaux and True Navy.
This food processor saves you time in the kitchen by taking care of prep work as well as cooking. Like a traditional food processor, it slices, shreds, mixes, chops and dices food. But it can also slow-cook, sautee, steam and puree ingredients. Bakers can use this cooking food processor to knead and proof dough, too. It comes pre-loaded with recipes that you can follow to make dishes like salads and pies, in addition to timers so you can worry less about overcooking your meals.
This tent is designed to keep out wind, rain and cold weather, as well as pesky bugs. It’s held down by strong aluminum poles and can fit up to four people with enough room to spread out sleeping bags and store backpacks. Mesh roof vents help with breathability and allow you to see the stars at night.
Share photos instantly by printing them out with this mini portable printer. It connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth and spits out 2x3 images on paper or sticker sheers. You can also share your photos digitally when you connect the portable printer to the HP Sprocket app, in addition to creating an album on Google Photos using the printer’s Bluetooth connectivity. The HP Sprocket comes in three colors: Luna Pearl, Noir and Blush. You can name your device and customize the LED light color that shines when you print a photo.
This mattress is designed with comfort and relief in mind. Its memory foam base allows you to sink into bed at night, and it’s topped with gel foam, which helps keep you cool. This mattress comes in five sizes — ranging from twin to California king — and you can choose the right comfort level for you: firm, medium or plush.
Easily transition between watching broadcast programs, playing video games and streaming shows or movies with this 40-inch Roku Smart TV. It gives users access to thousands or streaming channels like Netflix, Hulu and YouTube, as well as as well as allows for voice control — you can also control it through your smartphone after downloading the Roku app.
This wireless charging pad powers up your phone quickly. It has an anti-slip surface that holds your device in place while its being used. The charging pad works with Apple, Samsung, Google and other wireless enabled devices — you don’t have to remove most cases in order to use it.
Take this multi-tool charger kit with you on your next camping trip to power your devices. It’s a portable charger that can quickly charge phones and tablets on the go, and it comes with a micro-USB charging cable. This kit also includes a fan attachment that you can snap on to cool off after a hike.
This bidet features a heated seat and a warm air dryer, in addition to three different spray functions to choose from. It comes equipped with a wireless remote to control the bidet’s settings, too. The bidet has an in-bowl glowing light designed to help illuminate dark bathrooms. It comes in two shapes — round and elongated — and is easy to install.
Notable Amazon deals
The Nebula Soundbar has dual speakers that enhance audio to meet movie-theater standards, and it has a Fire TV 4K streaming media player built-in, allowing you to watch thousands of movies and TV shows. It’s on sale now for $199.00, and can be used in combination with some of the best televisions on the market.
While it may be small in size, this power bank can provide more than two charges for the iPhone XS or Google Pixel, and almost one full charge for an 11-inch iPad Pro. The Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is currently down to $25.99 on Amazon — here’s how to choose the best portable charger for your devices.
This wireless charger stand can power devices in landscape orientation or portrait mode, and doesn't require you to remove a device’s case in order to work. It’s currently on sale for $12.99 on Amazon, along with other Anker products like these Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Wireless Earbuds.
Blink’s XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera Kit allows you to talk to visitors through the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet, and it works with Alexa. The security camera kit is currently on sale on Amazon in packs of one, two, three or five, and an add-on camera is also discounted. Here’s more information about the best home security cameras of 2020.
If multiple people in your house are working from home or taking classes online, a lot of devices are using the same WiFi signal. The NETGEAR Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo covers up to 1,500 sq. ft. and can support up to 25 devices at once, ensuring everyone has access to high-speed internet. Here are tips about shopping for a WiFi router and a roundup of some of the best products.
The Panasonic Electric Body Groomer and Trimmer for Men has wide edge, hypoallergenic blades that are designed with rounded edges for increased comfort and decreased irritation. Panasonic is one of many brands that make hair and beard trimmers for men — here are more options to consider while shopping.