Amid reports of a new Covid-19 subvariant, some much-needed good news came for the more than 70,000 Americans whose student loans have been canceled. Since the Biden administration loosened some rules for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, about $5 billion worth of loans have been forgiven, according to the Department of Education.
SKIP AHEAD New launches and notable sales
We’ve been recommending the best products to help you upgrade your life this winter here at Select. Snow enthusiasts can check out our guide to sleds with tips from medical experts and Select writer Mili Godio recently recommended the Ember Mug, her “favorite work-from-home accessory.” Every morning, we share the best new products, deals and other shopping news to keep you informed: To start the week, we take a look at recent launches from Anker, ColourPop and Richer Poorer.
New from Anker, ColourPop and Richer Poorer
Take a look at these new product releases to start your week off.
Anker releases multi-functional video bar
This new video bar from Anker — an all-in-one webcam, essentially — was an honoree at the CES Innovation Awards. It features a 4-mic array, dual speakers, a 2K HD camera with a 95-degree adjustable field of view and a light to help adjust for dark rooms. The microphone has noise-canceling VoiceRadar technology, which, according to the company, can block out background noise while making your own voice louder.
ColourPop drops new makeup collection
Popular makeup brand ColourPop’s new Valentine’s Day-themed makeup line has items that are pink-shaded or heart-shaped, reflecting the love in the air during Valentine’s season. Included in the collection are the Secret Admirer Shadow Palette, Pressed Powder Heart Shaped Blushes, Lip Creme, SOL Dry Shimmering Oil, SOL Shimmering Body Powder, Good Together Duo and Mystery Date Hairbrush.
Richer Poorer reveals new items
Well-known California clothing brand Richer Poorer released new items for men and women this season. For men, new releases include the Recycled Fleece Full Zip Hoodie, Structured Terry Pleated Trouser and Structured Terry Chore Coat. For women, the new collection includes the Recycled Fleece Wide Leg Pant and Rustic Blazer.
Ongoing sales this week
We gathered these sales available now that you should know about.
- Casper is offering up to 50 percent off select bedding and up to 40 percent off select mattresses and pillows for their Biannual Bedtime sale.
- Alo Moves is offering 50 percent off its annual membership through February.
- Anthropologie is slashing prices by 40 percent for select styles ending today.
- Jack Wolfskin is offering up to 40 percent off markdowns during its End of Season sale through Feb. 27.
- Lululemon’s high-rise tights are 30 percent off.
- Saks Fifth Avenue is offering 25 percent off select Kate Spade and Coach handbags through today.
- Home Depot is offering 25 percent off on storage and organizing solutions during its Winter Storage Event through Feb. 27.
- Nordstrom is offering 25 percent off River Island until Feb. 2.
- W&P is cutting prices by 20 percent on all Porter products through Feb. 7
- SoulCycle’s at-home bike is $600 off until today.
- Hydrow is offering $300 off any Hydro package until today.
- MYXfitness is offering $100 off its new MYX II Plus bike, plus free delivery and setup, with the code MYXHAPPY100 through today.
Catch up on Select’s in-depth coverage of personal finance, tech and tools, wellness and more, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay up to date.