NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — Frontier Airlines is planning to offer nonstop jet service between the Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport and Denver International Airport.
Don't miss these Travel stories
Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
With teams using more than 100 unique apparatuses to launch globular projectiles a half-mile or more, the 27th annual World Championship Punkin Chunkin event is our pick as November’s Weird Festival of the Month.
- Airports, airlines work hard to return your lost items
- Expert: Tourist hordes threaten Sistine Chapel's art
- MGM Grand wants Las Vegas guests to Stay Well
- Report: Airlines collecting $36.1B in fees this year
- Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
The airline announced its plan Thursday.
Starting May 3, the airline will offer four flights a week between the two cities.
Tickets go on sale Feb. 14.
Frontier will join AirTran Airways, Delta Air Lines and US Airways is providing service at the Newport News airport, which is undergoing a $23 million upgrade.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.