Twin terror attacks killed at least 23 people Monday in Chad's capital of N'djamena, according to the government, which blamed Boko Haram for the violence.
Chad government spokesman Hassan Sylla Bakari said in a televised statement that four attackers were among the dead and that more than 100 people were injured in the incidents which targeted police.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attacks, but Bakari said that Boko Haram — based in neighboring Nigeria — had made a "mistake" in targeting Chad. He vowed that the militants would be flushed out.
Monday's attacks were the first to hit the Chadian capital in years, though Boko Haram has threatened the country's government for its leading role in regional efforts to stamp out the militant group.
Boko Haram also has launched cross-border attacks into Chad, most recently targeting an island on Lake Chad.
In the first official video release since pledging allegiance to ISIS, Boko Haram earlier this month directly challenged Chad's President Idriss Deby for pledging to help defeat the group.
Chad's Prime Minister Kalzeube Payimi Deubet told local television that Monday's attacks were aimed at sapping morale but will only reaffirm his nation's determination to eradicate the terrorists.