While the pandemic has brought economic instability, 2021 brought the most economic growth year over year since 1984.
According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, America’s gross domestic product grew by 5.7 percent last year, mainly fueled by consumer spending growing 7.9 percent and private investment growing 9.5 percent. However, inflation and growing case numbers of Covid-19 suggest this growth could slow in 2022.
SKIP AHEAD New launches and notable sales
Greater uncertainty has also hit the cryptocurrency market, with Bitcoin falling nearly 50 percent from November’s all-time high. Other high-value coins like Ether and solana have also seen similar drops, with Ether losing more than 50 percent of its value and solana dropping by 65 percent. Cryptocurrency as a whole has depreciated more than $1 trillion since Bitcoin reached peak value.
Recently on Select, we’ve been recommending the best products to help you upgrade your life this winter. Select editor Michael Y. Park recommended this camera tripod that he used as a professional travel journalist and photographer. And for anyone looking to upgrade their home workout space, we asked experts about the best foldable treadmills.
Each morning, we share the best new products, deals and other shopping news to keep you informed: Today, we take a look at recent releases from Harry’s, prAna and Great Jones.
New & Notable from Harry’s, prAna and Great Jones
Check out these new product releases we think you’ll want to know about.
Harry’s launches new body lotion for dry skin
Harry’s is a popular men’s wellness brand, and its new body lotion for dry skin is infused with white willow bark, works for all skin types and can help you get through the cold and brave the dry winter air, according to the company. Harry’s says the lotion can be used all over the body and is made for daily use, though you might find additional benefits by moisturizing both in the morning and night. The dry skin lotion comes in three different scents: Stone, Fig and Redwood.
prAna drops new womens’ jogger
prAna, a well-known brand for sustainable clothing, launched its Halle Jogger II this week. This jogger has a city-inspired look and uses ReZion fabric, which is a nylon stretch performance fabric that is recycled and earth-friendly, according to the company. prAna says the joggers are UPF 50+ rated, abrasion-resistant and treated with water repellent. The joggers come in four different colors: Sage Camo, Coal, Earthbound and Slate Green.
Slip on these oven mitts from Great Jones
Great Jones, known for its cookware and bakeware, recently launched new oven mitts. These quilted oven mitts are made of organic cotton and have an oversize length, according to the company, which should help provide more protection for the wearer. In addition, Great Jones says that the oven mitts are machine-washable at low temperatures. In the set of two, one mitt comes in a green design and the other in a red design.
Ongoing January Sales
Check out these sales from notable retailers available right now.
- Todd Snyder is reducing prices by up to 65 percent for select styles through today.
- Casper is offering up to 50 percent off select bedding and up to 40 percent off select mattresses and pillows for their Biannual Bedtime sale.
- Alo Moves is offering 50 percent off its annual membership through February.
- Haand is offering up to 45 percent for handmade pieces for its Seconds Sale.
- Anthropologie is cutting prices by 40 percent for select styles through Jan. 31.
- Jack Wolfskin will take up to 40 percent off markdowns during its End of Season sale through Feb. 27.
- Lululemon's high-rise tights are 30 percent off.
- Hurom juicers are 30 percent off through Jan. 30.
- Saks Fifth Avenue is offering 25 percent off select Kate Spade and Coach handbags until Jan. 31.
- Bed Bath & Beyond will take up to 25 percent off storage and organization solutions through Jan. 30.
- Home Depot is offering 25 percent off on storage and organizing solutions during its Winter Storage Event through Feb. 27.
- Lifestraw is offering its home water-filter dispenser for 20 percent less until Jan. 30.
- Cocobelle is cutting 20 percent off full-priced sandals with the code LOVE20 until March 31.
- Courant is offering 20 percent off sitewide through Feb. 14.
- W&P is offering 20 percent off all Porter products through Feb. 7
- SoulCycle's at-home bike is $600 off until Jan. 31.
- Hydrow is offering $300 off any Hydro package until Jan. 31.
- MYXfitness is offering $100 off its new MYX II Plus bike, plus free delivery and setup, with the code MYXHAPPY100 through Jan. 31.
Catch up on Select’s in-depth coverage of personal finance, tech and tools, wellness and more, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay up to date.