Searchers would step-up the hunt for missing Flight MH370 over the next few days, Malaysia's defense minister said on Saturday.
"All efforts will be intensified for the next few days with regards to the underwater search," Malaysian Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein told reporters in Kuala Lumpur.
"The search will always continue," he said.
Officials also said that an underwater robotic submarine was expected to finish searching a narrowed down area of the Indian Ocean seabed for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane within the next week, after completing six missions and so far coming up empty.
As the hunt for Flight 370 hit week six, the Bluefin 21 unmanned sub began its seventh trip into the depths off the coast off western Australia. Its search area forms a 6.2-mile circle around the location of an underwater signal that was believed to have come from the aircraft's black boxes before the batteries died.
- Reuters and The Associated Press
First published April 19 2014, 4:18 AM