The PR/Marketing intern will play an active role in the Msnbc Digital Network’s public relations and marketing efforts, including writing effective marketing materials, developing and implementing creative ideas, supporting media relations and brand marketing, successfully coordinating and managing projects and events, and providing support of the overall marketing and sales functions.
· Manages projects and events, from concept to completion to support brands, products and/or sales initiatives
· Writes press and marketing materials to promote products and brands in the Msnbc Digital Network
· Schedules ads and manages the online promotion calendar
· Assists with creation and development of brand guidelines; Leads on assigned projects
· Conducts research for competitive analysis
· Supports franchise building & marketing with assigned projects
· Works with social media team to promote content via Facebook and Twitter
· Develops relationships with journalists/bloggers (consumer/lifestyle) and pitches story ideas
· Coordinates with PR, brand marketing and design to create unique collateral
· Brainstorms and executes promotional ideas
· Compiles weekly/monthly/quarterly marketing & communications reports
· Researches thought leadership opportunities and awards
· Identifies, purchases and maintains inventory necessary for corporate needs (e.g. event merchandise, sales materials)
Candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Candidate must be a critical thinker with strong analytical skills, have the ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressured, hectic environment, and the ability to work independently and with a team. Must also be able to successfully meet deadlines, prioritize ever-changing workload, be extremely flexible and able to manage multiple projects. Should be a creative problem solver.
About the Msnbc Digital Network
The Msnbc Digital Network is a collection of innovative and powerful news brands that deliver the most compelling, diverse and visually engaging stories on the consumer’s platform of choice. The world-class brands featured in the digital network include msnbc.com, TODAYshow.com, Nightly.msnbc.com, TV.MSNBC.com, NBCSports.com and EveryBlock. The Msnbc Digital Network provides something for every news consumer with its comprehensive array of offerings that deliver the best in breaking news, original journalism, lifestyle features, commentary and local updates down to the block level.
To apply for positions on our team, respond by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.