SAN DIEGO, Dec. 16, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- It's an exciting time for connected home entertainment with deployments of new, powerful services such as multi-room DVR, by leading cable, satellite and telco service providers. Enabling these services is Entropic Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENTR), a leading provider of silicon and software solutions that enable connected home entertainment, who will be showcasing its portfolio of products to empower consumers' whole-home entertainment experiences at CES, January 6-9, 2011.
At CES, booth #36212-South Hall, Entropic will be demonstrating its field proven solutions for enabling connected home entertainment:
- Don't compromise your home entertainment experience. Demo Entropic's latest home networking silicon built on MoCA, the most prominent, reliable and widely distributed wired home networking standard available. See the only home entertainment networking standard used by all three pay TV segments-in action---offering enough capacity and support for multiple streams of HD video to ensure an unparalleled multi-room DVR and Over-the-Top video user experience.
- Satellite service providers interested in simplifying the installation, upgrade and deployment of DVR and digital sharing services can experience Entropic's innovative Satellite Outdoor Unit Channel Stacking Switch solution. This single cable network solution delivers a more reliable system that improves the customer experience--which ultimately lessens churn, and allows for future home networking solutions to be seamlessly implemented.
- As silicon tuners replace their traditional CAN counterparts, come and trial Entropic's game changing all CMOS tuner technology with its Multi-Mode Hybrid Silicon Tuners. This technology delivers the best quality of experience to consumers regardless of the available broadcast service, and for the OEM, ensures high performance and significant cost reduction by simplifying design complexity and drastically lowering development costs.
- Answering the growing need for a high-performance, cost-effective, future-proofed video delivery technology for multiple dwelling units (MDUs), Entropic's Ethernet over Coax (EoC) solution delivers scalable "last kilometer" connectivity to bring video-on-demand (VoD) and data access applications to millions of subscribers throughout the world.
- Consumers want a more uniform user experience for accessing, viewing, and controlling content on all the display devices throughout the home. Experience this reality with a demonstration of the RVU Alliance Remote User Interface (RUI) technology running over an Entropic MoCA network. RVUTM is a client/server-based technology based on DLNA and UPnP that allows the viewer to experience a consistent, pixel accurate home server-generated user interface, on various consumer electronics devices within the home. Operators using RVU, benefit from providing their viewing experience and features to connected CE devices in a consistent manner.
To experience the future of connected home entertainment with Entropic Communications or to schedule a private meeting, please contact us at 858 768 3673 or visit us at: CES, booth #36212, South Hall.
About Entropic Communications
Entropic Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENTR) is a leading fabless semiconductor company that is engineering the future of connected home networking and entertainment by providing next-generation silicon and software technologies to the world's leading cable, telco and satellite service providers, OEMs and consumer electronics manufacturers. As a co-founder of MoCA (Multimedia over Coax Alliance), Entropic pioneered and continues to evolve the way high-definition television-quality video and other multimedia and digital content such as movies, music, games and photos are brought into and delivered throughout the home. For more information, visit Entropic at .
The Entropic Communications logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=4255
Statements in this press release that are not strictly historical in nature constitute "forward-looking statements." Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding Entropic's technology, its prospects and its role in the future of home networking, Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause Entropic's actual results to be materially different from historical results or from any results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These factors include, but are not limited to, competition, risks associated with Entropic's dependence on a limited number of suppliers, technology risks, the risk that the market for HD video and multimedia content delivery solutions may not develop as the Company anticipates and other factors discussed in the "Risk Factors" section of Entropic's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the three months ended September 30, 2010. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. Entropic is providing this information as of the date of this release and does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
CONTACT: Entropic Communications Investor Contact: Debra Hart, Director, Investor Relations 858.768.3852 firstname.lastname@example.org Ruder Finn for Entropic Communications Media Contact: Chris Fallon 212.715.1691 email@example.com