DETROIT, April 14, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company, today announced the launch of 17 new international Compuware Gomez Benchmarks that provide companies with valuable competitive and market-leader insight into web and mobile site performance.
Gomez Benchmarks, recognized as the standard in providing a comprehensive set of global independent web and mobile performance metrics, have expanded to include 17 new benchmarks in France, Germany and the UK. With the addition of these new benchmarks, Gomez now provides more than 61 benchmarks in Europe, testing 1,700 companies across France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the UK. The new benchmarks include:
- : Banking (backbone and Last Mile), CAC40 (Last Mile), Insurance (backbone and Last Mile), Retail (backbone and Last Mile), Travel (Last Mile), Technology (Last Mile).
- :Insurance (backbone), Retail (backbone).
- : Online Betting (backbone and Last Mile): Casinos, Poker, Sports Book.
"In today's competitive online marketplace, organizations must focus on improving web performance to meet customers' expectations for fast and reliable online experiences. Benchmarking is a valuable tool in understanding the connection between web and mobile performance, business results and improved process discipline," said Jonathan Ranger, Gomez Benchmark Practice Director at Compuware.
Gomez Benchmarks rank the web and mobile performance of companies across three key metrics – response time, availability and consistency – and are used by organizations to compare and track performance against competitors and market leaders; baseline and track performance over time; and as key indicators of success for business and IT site owners.
Gomez publishes hundreds of global web and mobile performance benchmarks based on more than 20 million monthly tests across 3,000 companies in 13 countries and include:
- Home Page Backbone Benchmarks: measure the performance of the website's home page from the Internet Backbone.
- Home Page Last Mile Benchmarks: measure the performance of the home page from the end user's desktop taking into account the real user's connection speed.
- Transaction Benchmarks: measure the performance of a key business process such as ordering a product or making a stock trade.
- Mobile Benchmarks: measure the performance of mobile site's home page on the largest carriers and top devices.
Gomez recently recognized the 2010 top performing web and mobile sites in six industries. To see the benchmark measurements of each winner's 2010 web or mobile site performance, download the comprehensive report.
The Gomez platform is the industry's leading solution for optimizing the performance of web, non-web, mobile, streaming and cloud applications. Driven by end-user experience, Gomez provides a unified view across the entire application delivery chain, from a user's browser or mobile device, across the Internet or a corporate WAN, in the cloud, to inside the data center, eliminating blind spots from the First Mile to the Last Mile.
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites. Learn more at: .
Follow us on Twitter at: and .
The Compuware logo is available at .
CONTACT: Brenda Menard Compuware Corporation Brenda.Menard@compuware.com 781-698-2393