JEFFERSON CITY, Mo., May 18, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Missouri Division of Tourism is offering a summer travel promotion starting May 16th offering discounts at hundreds of participating attractions, restaurants and lodging facilities across Missouri. Through a partnership with McDonald's, the promotion, aptly named Road Trip Rewards, targets the key demographic of travelers who travel to and around Missouri by car.
Missouri is known as a "driving destination," because of its short drivable distance to a majority of the states in the union and because Missourians themselves make up a large percentage of state travel. Road Trip Rewards offers discounts at the place where the bulk of driving travelers find themselves—McDonald's restaurants. Providing coupons through McDonald's allows for a high rate of fulfillment for the Missouri Division of Tourism and simple convenience for the traveler.
"This partnership gives us the ability to reach nearly 65 million McDonald's customers this summer, at the 411 McDonald's restaurants across Missouri," said Katie Steele Danner, Director of the Missouri Division of Tourism. So how do you access the savings? "For the traveler," she added, "it's as easy as 1-2-3."
- Go to RoadTripRewards.com to find a list of participating businesses throughout Missouri and the details on what "Reward(s)" they are offering. Search for a deal by city or attraction category. No need to print or take the listing from the website, but search while on the road, as RoadTripRewards.com is accessible from any Internet friendly device including mobile phones and tablets.
- Stop by any McDonald's restaurant in Missouri and make a purchase. Here is the key: Save the McDonalds receipt. The back of the McDonald's receipt is the coupon. Coupons will appear on the back of McDonald's receipts from May 16 thru Aug. 31, 2011.
- Visit any participating attraction or business and turn-in your McDonalds receipt to reap the reward(s).
Remember, the McDonalds receipt is the coupon. Look for the "We Gladly Accept Road Trip Rewards" placard on the door or counter of participating attractions and businesses.
The attraction or business will collect your McDonald's receipt upon redemption. Some "Rewards" are good beyond Aug. 31, so read the listing on RoadTripRewards.com closely.
With Road Trip Rewards, the Missouri Division of Tourism offers an easy way for travelers to save money on summer fun.
For other information and to find listings for thousands of Missouri attractions, events and vacation ideas, explore VisitMO.com. While there, you can order a free copy of the 2011 Official Missouri Travel Guide and use the interactive online edition. Also, the Travel Guide is available by calling 800-519-4800; and by downloading the free iPhone app: "Official Missouri Travel Guide."
Road Trip Rewards: It's as easy as 1-2-3
1. Go to RoadTripRewards.com, beginning May 10
2. Stop at any McDonald's in Missouri, make a purchase and save your receipt, May 16 thru Aug. 31
3. Turn in your McDonald's receipt to claim your "Reward" at participating Missouri businesses
Director of Communications
Missouri Division of Tourism
The Missouri Division of Tourism (MDT) is the official tourism office for the state of Missouri dedicated to marketing Missouri as a premier travel destination. Established in 1967, the Missouri Division of Tourism has worked hard to develop the tourism industry in Missouri to what it is today, an $11.4 billion industry supporting more than 281,000 jobs and generating $900 million in state and local taxes in Fiscal Year 2010. For every dollar spent on marketing Missouri as a travel destination in FY10, $53 was returned in visitor expenditures.
For travel information and to find listings for thousands of Missouri attractions, events and vacation ideas, explore VisitMO.com. While there, you can order a free copy of the 2011 Official Missouri Travel Guide and use the interactive online edition. The Travel Guide is available by calling 800-519-4800; or by downloading the free iPhone app: "Official Missouri Travel Guide."
This information was brought to you by Cision
The following files are available for download: