SONOMA, Calif., May 27, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- What could be more unexpected than sparkling wine from a food truck? Joining the exciting mobile food revolution, Freixenet USA announces the launch of the Freixenet Tastings & Tapas Truck this June. The "Black Bottle Bubbly" will visit five east coast cities to introduce the first food truck created to share the beauty and versatility of cava, Spain's sparkling wine, one glass of Freixenet at a time. As the first sparkling wine to go mobile, Freixenet recognizes that the food truck culture provides a unique and perfectly matched showcase to make sparkling wine accessible for everyday enjoyment, to highlight its fondness for food, and share Spain's love of nightlife.
The Freixenet Tastings & Tapas Truck will make several stops in each city to connect with consumers, offering them the opportunity to taste Freixenet sparkling wine, nibble on "tapas" and play games. The Freixenet Tastings & Tapas Truck tour will provide occasions for people to discover how "wonderfully unexpected" Freixenet can be, whether they are tasting it for the first time or finding it again.
The Freixenet Tastings & Tapas Truck will be stopping in the following cities and venues:
Hoboken, New Jersey
- Thursday, June 2 8pm-12am The Brass Rail (135 Washington Street)
- Friday, June 3 9pm-1am One Republik (221 Washington Street)
Asbury Park, New Jersey
- Saturday, June 4 6pm-10pm First Saturday (308 Main Street)
- Saturday, June 4 10:30pm-2am Langosta Lounge (1000 Ocean Ave)
- Sunday, June 5 4pm-8pm Dauphin Grille (1401 Ocean Ave. at the Berkeley Hotel)
- Thursday, June 9 9pm-1am Mojito's Latin Lounge (48 Winter Street)
- Friday, June 10 8pm-12am Tapeo (266 Newbury Street)
- Saturday, June 11 11am-6pm Boston Gay Pride Festival (Cambridge Street at City Hall Plaza)
- Sunday, June 12 12pm-8pm Boston Gay Pride Festival/ Stuart Street Block Party (Stuart Street between Arlington and Berkeley)
- Thursday, June 16 8pm-1am The Get Down (701 South Bond Street)
- Friday, June 17 3pm-7pm Charles North Friday Market (E. Lanvale Street & North Avenue)
- Friday, June 17 11pm-2am Power Plant Live! (34 Market Place)
- Saturday, June 18 8pm-2am Power Plant Live! (34 Market Place)
- Thursday, June 23 9pm-1am 18th Street Lounge (1212 18th Street NW)
- Friday, June 24 9pm-1am Sutra Lounge (2406 18th Street NW)
- Saturday, June 25 11am-9pm Safeway Barbecue Battle (Pennsylvania Ave between 9th Street & 14th Street)
- Sunday, June 26 11am-7pm Safeway Barbecue Battle (Pennsylvania Ave between 9th Street & 14th Street)
Up to the minute tour updates and details, including "wonderfully unexpected" happenings along the way, can be followed at Freixenet's tour website, via Twitter and on Facebook. Freixenet lovers all over the country can also join in the fun of the tour with the "Wonderfully Unexpected Photo Contest." Photos capturing spontaneous, everyday moments with Freixenet can be submitted to enter the contest for a chance to win prizes including a grand prize of a night on the town for two. Complete rules will be available online.
Each bottle of Freixenet takes a minimum of three years to create from the grape to the glass and is made using the traditional method (the same process used for champagne). Even with this unwavering focus on quality, Freixenet is still very wallet friendly, which, with its versatility, makes it the perfect wine for every day. And lest you think sparkling wine is just for celebrating, Freixenet is a "wonderfully unexpected" pairing with spicy foods, barbecue, sushi, fried foods like pommes frites, and even popcorn.
Contact: Megan Duran
Freixenet (pronounced "fresh-eh-net"), best known for the "black bottle bubbly" Cordon Negro, is a family-owned company based just outside of Barcelona that traces its roots back to 1861. Under the leadership of the Ferrer family, the Freixenet Group is the global leader of sparkling wines made in the traditional method. Imported by Freixenet USA of Sonoma, California, wines produced by the Freixenet Group are sold in all fifty states.
This information was brought to you by Cision
The following files are available for download: