FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., June 8, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Visitors to Fort Lauderdale no longer need to spend countless hours searching multiple Web sites or calling around for information about the city's most intriguing attractions, hotels, dining, shopping, events, weather, etc. It's now all consolidated into one comprehensive resource: Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment (A&E) District's new consumer Web site, located at .
The Web site is an excellent one-stop resource for those planning or considering a trip to Fort Lauderdale, or locals who simply want to see what's happening in the area. Whether users are interested in planning a family vacation or romantic weekend getaway or attending an event, performance, or more, the site offers an abundance of information for a wide variety of budgets.
The site's user-friendly and dynamic features include:
- A daily events calendar, featuring designated entries for art, dance, family, festival, history, music, opera and theater
- "What's News," including features about Fort Lauderdale events and happenings
- A map and listing of area attractions, hotels, dining, shopping, transportation, parking, boat anchorage, helipad, weather and seasonal information, and more
- Downloadable maps for Riverwalk A&E District, an Architectural Tour of the district, and maps and schedules for the Water Taxi and Sun Trolley
- Links to Riverwalk A&E District's area partner Web sites: Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Museum of Art | Fort Lauderdale, Florida Grand Opera, Fort Lauderdale History Center and the Historic Stranahan House Museum; as well as links to Web sites for many other Fort Lauderdale attractions
- An A&E blog, covering subjects from area hotels to Broadway performances
- A downloadable, electronic version of the slick Riverwalk A&E Guide, including features, extraordinary images, event calendar, and Fort Lauderdale directory; as well as spotlight performances, festivals, museum exhibits, kids' activities, etc., and more
- A link to Fort Lauderdale weather forecasts
- Colorful and vivid images of Fort Lauderdale area attractions
"Our consumer site makes it incredibly easy for anyone wishing to visit Fort Lauderdale to plan according to their individual needs," said Carmen Ackerman, project manager for Riverwalk A&E District. "It can save visitors a great deal of time and hassle during the planning or researching process. The site perfectly reflects of our mission to promote cultural tourism in South Florida."
The Web site, created and maintained by Fort Lauderdale-based interactive advertising agency Starmark International, recently won the esteemed Advertising Federation of Greater Fort Lauderdale's 2011 Silver ADDY® Award in the "Web Site Consumer HTML/Services" category.
About The Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District
The Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District is a unique partnership of arts and entertainment organizations located along the New River in downtown Fort Lauderdale with the express mission of promoting cultural tourism in South Florida. Presenting over 1000 individual events each year, the District attracts well over 1 million visitors annually. Partners of the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment Consortium include Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Museum of Art | Fort Lauderdale, Florida Grand Opera, Fort Lauderdale Historical Society and the Historic Stranahan House Museum. It is supported by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners as recommended by the Broward Cultural Council and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau. For more information on this or other upcoming events and programs within the A&E District, please visit .
Carmen Ackerman, Riverwalk A&E District
954-414-6910 / email@example.com
Duree Ross, Duree & Company, PR Consultant
954-723-9350 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This information was brought to you by Cision