Following the influx in holiday spending and major shopping holidays like Presidents Day in the past few months, March may not be the month that immediately comes to consumers’ minds when they think of shopping. However, you can still expect plenty of sales as we move into spring and retailers look to clear out their winter merchandise — you’ll likely see winter clearance sales pop up more frequently along with the push for spring sales earlier in the month, according to Vipin Porwal, CEO and consumer savings expert at Smarty.
For those looking for discounts in March, our retail experts told us you expect sales and deals on activewear and outdoor gear and accessories. We also highlighted sales and deals from Select reader-favorite brands we think you’ll want to know about this month.
Best March 2023 deals live now
We rounded up the best ongoing deals on highly rated products Select readers have shown an interest in. We relied on price tracking tools like Honey and CamelCamelCamel to ensure the discount is the lowest price in three months, according to historical data.
This lightweight vacuum is designed to pick up pet hair and deep clean carpets and hard floors, according to the brand. Shark says the vacuum weighs under 3 pounds. Its LED headlights allow you to find hidden debris and the swivel steering mechanism lets you easily maneuver around tight spaces.
One of our favorite kitchen gadgets, this vegetable chopper has seven different easy-to-change inserts, including two chopper blades, two spiralizer inserts, an egg separator and a juicer. Dishwasher-safe and easy to store with a space-saving blaze organizer, this chopper can make kitchen prepping much more convenient, according to the brand.
This French press coffee maker is one of the best coffee makers of the year, according to our experts. In just four minutes, you can brew a premium cup of coffee, the brand says. With a stainless steel plunger, frame and lid, it’s both dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
This protective leather case for a Kindle Paperwhite is designed to be as light and thin as possible, according to Amazon. Your Kindle wakes when the case is opened, and it automatically goes into sleep mode when you close it, the brand says. It also comes with a magnetic clasp to ensure it’s safely closed. The case comes in Onyx Black, Fuchsia and Persimmon.
This suitcase is made out of polycarbonate, which is a hard plastic material that’s durable and water-resistant, experts told us in our guide to carry-on luggage. With expansion up to two inches of packing space, a fully lined interior with two compartments for packing and organizing, and four twin spinner wheels, this suitcase is made to be lightweight and easy for travel, according to the brand.
Best March 2023 sales to shop now
Divided up by category, we rounded up below are some sales taking place in the month of March that we think will be of interest to Select readers. Note that some may be a limited time offer on select items.
Best home and kitchen sales
- Macys: Up to 80% off various clearance items
- Aerogarden: Up to 50% off select seed starting kits
- Bed Bath and Beyond: Up to 50% select clearance items
- Pottery Barn: Up to 50% select items
- Society6: Up to 30% off select items during its Home Refresh Sale
- Brooklinen: Up to 20% off using code SLEEPWEEK20 through March 21
- The Company Store: 20% off sitewide with code FRIENDS23
- Urban Outfitters: Up to 20% off sofas and chairs
Best fitness sales
- Nordstrom: Up to 69% off select items
- Athleta: Up to 60% off select items
- Adidas: Up to 50% off select clothing, shoes and accessories
- Flybird Fitness: Up to 47% off storewide during its Spring Sale
- Nike: Up to 40% off select items
- Lululemon: Up to 30% off select items during its We Made Too Much Sale
Best beauty and apparel sales
- Coach: Up to 75% select items during its Clearance Sale
- The Little Market: Up to 65% select accessories and apparel while supplies last
- Girlfriend Collective: Up to 50% off select styles
- Society6: Up to 40% off apparel during The Resort Sale
- Dr. Martens: Up to 40% select styles
- EyeBuyDirect: 30% off orders over $60
- Baublebar: 25% off 2+ bracelets with code STACKING20
Best outdoor sales
- Backcountry: Up to 60% off winter apparel and up to 40% off winter gear
- Merrell: Up to 50% off select items during its Semi-Annual Sale
- REI: Up to 50% off select items
- Away: Up to 40% off select styles while supplies last
- Solo Stove: Up to 35% off Spring Favorites
- Walmart: Up to 20% off select patio and garden products
Meet our expert
At Select, we work with experts who have specialized knowledge and authority based on relevant training and/or experience. We also take steps to ensure that all expert advice and recommendations are made independently and with no undisclosed financial conflicts of interest.
- Vipin Porwal is the CEO and consumer savings expert at Smarty.