Feedback
Pop Culture

Bachelor in Paradise’ Investigation Finds No Misconduct, Production to Resume

LOS ANGELES — "Bachelor in Paradise" will resume production after producers investigated alleged misconduct by cast members during the shooting of the show's fourth season earlier this month.

"As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico," Warner Bros. said in a statement. "We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed."

Related: Chris Harrison addresses 'rumors and misinformation' on 'Bachelor in Paradise'

"Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident," the statement continued. "We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants."

Image: Bachelor in Paradise contestants
Bachelor in Paradise contestants Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson. ABC

Production on Season 4 the ABC reality series was shut down due to the alleged misconduct. Contestants Demario Jackson and Corinne Olympios were allegedly involved in a highly sexual situation under the influence of alcohol, while "Bachelor in Paradise" cameras were still rolling. TMZ reported that Olympios did not consent to sexual contact with Jackson.

Both Jackson and Olympios have retained attorneys following the incident. Olympios released a statement last week saying, "As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening."

Jackson also released a statement shortly after Olympios, which said, "It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws."