Big Mac is back. After two weeks, McDonald's will restore its full menu in major Chinese cities after a food safety scandal forced the chain to halt the sale of Big Macs and Spicy McWings. McDonald's will resume full menus in Beijing and Guangzhou this week, while menus in Shanghai will return to normal this month, a spokeswoman told Reuters on Monday. McDonald's last month cut ties with Shanghai Husi Food, a unit of U.S.-based OSI Group, after a television report triggered investigations into improper meat-handling procedures at Shanghai Husi's factory. McDonald's decision led to meat shortages at many of its restaurants in China. The scandal highlights the challenges facing inspectors in China's fast-growing and sprawling food industry. In Hong Kong, McDonald's said it was now directly importing lettuce and fresh onions from the United States and Taiwan, and items on its menu such as Big Mac, Quarter Pounder with Cheese, McChicken and Grilled Chicken Burger was back on the menu on Monday.
- Ruling on McDonald's Liability Might be Very Good News for Labor
- McDonald's in Crosshairs of Russia-U.S. Proxy War
- McDonald's in China Pulls Burgers From Menu Over Meat Scandal