IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Tipster Asked to Come Forward in Cold Case

In the early morning hours of July 10th, 1991, Patsy Taylor left home a little after 5:00am to go for her morning jog. At 5:30am, she was found dead.

In the early morning hours of July 10th, 1991, Patsy Taylor, 52, left her home a little after 5:00 to go for her daily morning jog.

Around 5:30am, neighbors awoke to hear screams. Taylor was found dead. At first, police believed it may have been a hit-and-run accident. An autopsy later revealed Taylor had been struck several times in the head and back by a heavy metal object.

Patsy Taylor was found dead in the early morning hours of July 10th, 1991.

It’s been nearly 25 years since the mother of three was murdered, but her family is still looking for answers.

“You try and replace all that pain with the positive things; you basically have to do that to move forward," Gina Saied, Taylor’s daughter, told KOB. "It's very sad and we all feel cheated and robbed of those precious years we would have had with her."

Saied visited Farmington recently to discuss her mother's case with a new cold case detective now assigned to it. Just one week after that visit, Lt. Daryl Noon told the Daily Times last week that an anonymous tipster phoned in to the county's crime stopper's number with a tip that's been deemed credible.

“This is the best progress we have made on the case in years," Lt. Noon said.

However, police would like more information to follow up on the lead provided. Investigators are now urging that tipster to come forward to help solve the case. Taylor’s family continues to hope justice can be found.

"She has missed out on so much and it grieves us that she missed out; and in turn, we have missed out on so much - just having her presence in our lives,” Saied said.

If you have any information that can help bring justice for Patsy Taylor and her family, please contact the San Juan County Crime Stoppers at (505) 334-8477.