Worried about getting into college? Here's the good news: According to U.S. News & World Report, which ranks colleges and universities every year, the average acceptance rate among their ranked schools for Fall 2014 was 64.7 percent.
Now for the bad news: Among the country’s most elite colleges, the acceptance window is only a sliver of that.
Here are the 10 toughest tickets in academia — and the percentage of applicants they accept:
- Stanford University, 5.1 percent
- Harvard University, 6 percent
- Yale University, 6.3 percent
- Columbia University, 7 percent
- Alice Lloyd College, 7.1 percent
- Princeton University, 7.4 percent
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 7.9 percent
- United States Naval Academy, 7.9 percent
- College of the Ozarks, 8.3 percent
- Brown University, 8.7 percent
But it’s not all doom and gloom out there. U.S. News also broke down the schools with the highest acceptance rate, including a number of institutions that take 100 percent of students. Check them out here.