We are looking for an Associate Project Manager to manage the execution of custom, original and cross-media programs for msnbc.com and TODAYshow.com. This person will function as the project coordinator between multiple teams that are involved in producing and executing custom programs. Responsibilities include developing product roadmaps, defining requirements and managing the execution of programs, allwhile providing top-notch customer service to advertising clients and internal partners. This may include leading the planning of projects, facilitating the project scope/goal definition, defining tasks/resource requirements, developing project plans, coordinating project staff, planning and scheduling project timelines, tracking deliverables, providing direction, support and leadership to the team, monitoring project progress, problems and solutions and managing project changes and interventions, evaluations and assessments of project results.
Core Duties / Responsibilities:
- Project Management: Coordinate complex product executions from start to finish across multiple stakeholders using exceptional organizational skills, follow through and execution.
- Cross Organizational Management: Manage complex programs across multiple teams, companies and vendors. Provide regular communication, conduct meetings and provide status reports on all projects.
- Internal Relationship & Communication: Maintain a close working relationship with all project stakeholders including editorial staff, technology staff, creative development and account management teams.
- Campaign Execution & Management: Ensure accurate and timely execution of sold campaigns on msnbc.com and TODAYshow.com. Partner with account management to track campaigns and editorial to ensure successful monthly delivery.
- Sales Support & Communication: Develop strong relationships and maintain effective and regular communication with the sales channels and clients.
- BA/BS in related field.
- 1-3 years in project/program management or account management in online media.
- Beginning-to-intermediate skills in project/program management.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) along with the capacity to understand internal complex programs such as MSN Ad Reportsand AdExpert and other Web-based media buying tools.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, problem-solving and relationship- and time-management skills.
- Action-oriented and results-driven as well as the ability to function cooperatively within a complex organizational structure.
- Exceptional customer focus and confident communicator in phone, written and face-to-face settings.
- High tolerance for stress and ambiguity.
- Ability to represent MSNBC with integrity and trustworthiness.
To apply for positions on our team, respond by email to email@example.com . Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.