Companies and Technologies Include Kraft Foods, Hallmark Cards, Motorola, SAP and Microsoft
SAN DIEGO, Sept. 27, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) Global Conference — Descartes Systems Group (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX), a federated global network logistics solutions provider, announced that it will showcase customer successes and next generation logistics solutions at its Global User Group Conference.
The Conference, which takes place October 5 through October 7, 2010 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, provides an in-depth look into logistics management solutions, operational best practices and offers a networking opportunity for supply chain professionals.
Leading brands showcase best practices at Global User Group Conference
Customers and United-by-Design partners will showcase how Descartes' federated network and value-added applications are delivering fast time-to-value by optimizing logistic business processes and connecting them to their community of trading partners.
A few highlights of the case studies and sessions scheduled to be featured at the conference:
- Kraft Foods sharing industry insight, corporate objectives, business benefits, experiences and best practices around Kraft's Retail GPS initiative, which has helped the organization to deliver results and give insight about the importance of managing all resources in motion;
- Major Specialty Card Retailer Hallmark Cards describing how they have leveraged Descartes' federated network and software-as-a-service logistics technology to manage its shipments to improve shipment efficiency, visibility, reduce costs and improve customer service;
- SAP customers holding a working group session to illustrate and discuss how their SAP enterprise resource planning environment integrates with the Descartes network and applications to run their businesses more effectively;
- Microsoft cloud experts, together with the Descartes Research and Development team, engaging customers in an information and educative session on cloud-based architecture and how Descartes development strategy leverages cloud-based technology;
- United States Infrastructure Corp (USIC) sharing insights on its strategy and implementation methodology that has led to a fast deployment and sizable return on investment using Descartes' Mobile Resource Management solutions across thousands of mobile personnel;
- Leading mobility solutions providers, such as MotorolaIntermec and Xata, discussing emerging innovative technologies in Mobile Resource Management (MRM);
- Descartes sharing its MRM 2.0 vision and showcase integrated MRM 2.0 solutions.
- Descartes and INTTRA discussing how customers can electronically manage the entire ocean cargo shipment lifecycle, including connectivity to a broader community of carriers, forwarders and shippers as well as regulatory agencies; and
- Demonstrations providing insight into Descartes' Global Filer initiative addressing compliancy towards government regulations on a global level. Attendees can learn about the benefits of an integrated global trade compliance solution with a global capability across modes of transportation.
"We're thrilled that so many industry-leading companies are coming together to share their successes and insights," said Chris Jones, Executive Vice President Solutions & Services at Descartes. "We put together an exciting and focused agenda for our conference that brings together logistics experts and influencers, and our United-by-Design partners. Everyone's collective goal is to help our customers maximize the returns they receive from the Descartes solutions they use and learn about the numerous other ways Descartes and its partners can help deliver top- and bottom-line results."
For more information, you can visit Descartes at Booth number 0606 at the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals and Supply Chain of the Future in San Diego, CA from September 26 to 29, 2010.
About 2010 Descartes Global User Conference
Descartes is hosting its Global User Conference and Global Logistics and Customs Advisory Council meetings in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida from October 5th to 7th. The primary sponsors for the event are Microsoft, FedEx Corp., Motorola, NAVTEQ, TomTom, ALK Technologies, BSM Wireless, Intermec, INTTRA, Mercator, SKU Logistics, SMC³, Stratix and Airclic, Telargo, AT&T, Teleatlas, TranSolutions, XATA Corporation, Encompass and WebTech Wireless. To view the detailed program of the User Group Conference and register, please visit .
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is making the world a better place by enabling global organizations with logistics-intensive businesses to save money by improving the productivity and performance of their operations. Underlying Descartes' offerings is the Descartes Global Logistics Network (GLN), one of the world's most extensive multi-modal business application networks. Descartes' regulatory & trade compliance, supply chain execution and mobile resource management solutions provide messaging services between logistics trading partners, shipment management services to help manage third party carriers, global customs filing and compliance services to meet regulatory requirements and private fleet management services for organizations of all sizes. The hosted, transactional and packaged solutions deliver repeatable, measurable results and fast time-to-value. Descartes has over 6,800 customers including ground carriers, airlines, ocean carriers, freight forwarders, third-party providers of logistics services customs house brokers, freight payment agencies, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, mobile services providers and regulatory agencies. The company has more than 650 employees and is based in Waterloo, Ontario, with operations in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Copenhagen, Eindhoven, Gent, Lier, Namestovo, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Montreal, Miami, Washington DC, Silver Spring, Stockholm, Suzhou, Shanghai, Tokyo, Toronto, and Zilina. For more information, visit .
The Descartes Systems Group logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=4065
This release contains forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws ("forward-looking statements") that relate to Descartes' User Group Conference; and other matters. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from the anticipated results, performance or achievements or developments expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, the factors and assumptions discussed in the section entitled, "Certain Factors That May Affect Future Results" in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Ontario Securities Commission and other securities commissions across Canada. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. We do not undertake or accept any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
CONTACT: Descartes Systems Group Nicole German 1-416-741-2838 ext. 298 email@example.com