CINCINNATI, Sept. 30, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Attorney Advertising
The law firm Statman Harris & Eyrich, LLC, which has significant experience in class actions, is investigating the recruiting practices of the for-profit educational institutions owned by the Apollo Group, Corinthian Colleges, Alta Colleges, Kaplan, Inc., Education Management, and Lincoln Educational Services Corporation for unfair and deceptive trade practices.
- The Apollo Group owns University of Phoenix, which also offers online degree programs;
- Corinthian Colleges owns Everest College, Everest Institute, Everest University, and Everest Online;
- Alta Colleges owns Westwood College, Westwood College Online, and Redstone College;
- Lincoln Educational Services Corporation owns Baran Institute of Technology, Briarwood College, Engine City Technical Institute, Euphoria Institute of Beauty Arts and Sciences, Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln College Online, Lincoln Culinary Institute, Lincoln Technical Institute, Nashville Auto-Diesel College, and Southwestern College;
- Kaplan, Inc. owns Kaplan University and Kaplan Professional.
- Education Management owns the Art Institute of Atlanta, the Art Institute of Austin, Brown Mackie College, Western State University, Argosy University, and South University.
According to the Government Accountability Office, these for-profit educational institutions allegedly engaged in illegal student recruiting practices, including exaggerating an applicant's potential salary after graduation, failing to provide clear information about the college's program duration, costs, or graduation rate, pressuring applicants to sign a contract for enrollment before allowing them to speak to a financial advisor about program cost and financing options, and encouraging students to provide inaccurate information to qualify for federal student aid.
If you are or were a student enrolled in a program at any of the above for-profit educational institutions and experienced any of these recruiting practices and would like to discuss your legal rights, please contact Elizabeth Hutton, Esq. at 513-345-8181 ext 3095 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information without any obligation or cost to you.
Statman, Harris & Eyrich, LLC has offices in Chicago, Illinois; Cincinnati, Ohio; Dayton, Ohio; and Sarasota, Florida.
CONTACT: Statman, Harris & Eyrich, LLC Elizabeth Hutton, Esq. (513) 345-8181 ext. 3095 email@example.com 441 Vine Street, Suite 3700 Cincinnati, Ohio 45202