REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 6, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
-- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that Shaw Industries Group, Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., has implemented Informatica Cloud Services to help drive sales productivity across multiple lines of business.
-- Shaw, the world's largest carpet manufacturer, uses Informatica Cloud Services to integrate various product catalogs residing across 20 custom applications into its salesforce.com customer relationship management (CRM) solution. As a result, sales representatives can more easily find relevant Shaw products and quickly create sales proposals.
-- The Informatica Cloud solution:
- Expedites sales by integrating product and account data from a number of sources into the salesforce.com Sales Cloud, providing Shaw's field sales representatives with a single, real-time view of product and customers.
- Drives timely pricing and margin analysis by replicating Shaw's latest sales data in the cloud into the company's on-premise business intelligence environment.
- Empowers line-of-business users to manage day-to-day data integration and replication tasks, freeing IT resources for other high value work.
- Enables rapid response to new and changing integration requirements. Through the elimination of hand coding, what used to take up to a month of custom development is now accomplished in a few hours.
- Promotes data governance and business and IT collaboration with improved information access and visibility across multiple applications and data sources.
Tweet this: Shaw Industries Powers Sales and IT Productivity with @InformaticaCorp #Cloud Services
- "Possessing a complete, real-time view of product information empowers our sales team to more efficiently meet customer needs," said Keith Nichols, senior systems engineer, Shaw Industries Group, Inc. "Informatica Cloud Services has allowed us to streamline the entire sales-enablement process, from data integration development to information delivery. Sales no longer has to access multiple systems to try to find the information they need and IT no longer has to worry about the data integration part of development work. Informatica Cloud Services provide us with a very cost-effective and powerful way to get it done, fast."
- "Integration is often cited as a primary barrier to cloud application adoption and success," said Ron Papas, general manager, Informatica Cloud. "Informatica Cloud enables organizations like Shaw Industries to quickly build and deploy data integration processes that run on demand, ensuring that they get maximum value from their data assets, regardless of where they reside."
About Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., is the world's largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider with more than $4 billion in annual sales and approximately 25,000 associates worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Ga., the company manufactures and distributes carpeting, rugs, hardwood, laminate and ceramic tile for residential and commercial applications worldwide. A recognized leader in environmental stewardship, Shaw has implemented hundreds of sustainability initiatives and Cradle to Cradle design solutions, collectively termed the Shaw Green Edge. For more information, visit www.shawfloors.com.
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today's global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,100 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit . Connect with Informatica at , and .
Note: Informatica,Informatica Cloud Services and Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Informatica Corporation Shira Frantzich +1 650 385 5674 firstname.lastname@example.org Ogilvy PR David Friedman +1 303 634 2674 email@example.com