KANSAS CITY, Mo., Oct. 7, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cerner (Nasdaq:CERN) is gearing up for more than 6,000 healthcare professionals and industry partners to gather at the Kansas City Convention Center Oct. 10-13 for the 25th annual Cerner Health Conference (CHC). Attendees spanning 19 different countries will congregate in Kansas City to network and discuss the key issues affecting healthcare and innovative solutions for them.
2010 CHC General Session and Keynote Speakers
- Sunday, Oct. 10 at 5 p.m. CT: Benjamin Carson Sr., M.D., Johns Hopkins Children's Center
- Monday, Oct. 11 at 9 a.m. CT: Jane McGonigal, director of game research and development, Institute for the Future
- Tuesday, Oct. 12 at 8 a.m. CT: Neal Patterson, Cerner chairman, CEO and co-founder
Benjamin Carson, Sr. M.D., pediatric neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Children's Center, will kick-off CHC with an inspirational personal story about the roadblocks he has overcome to become a true visionary in pediatric neurosurgery, and a continuing inspiration that pushes the limits to personalize health and care. On Monday, Jane McGonigal, director of game research and development at the Institute for the Future, will present what's new about the usefulness of playing video games and managing consumer health. Cerner Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder Neal Patterson will address attendees on Tuesday with a stimulating discussion on moving boundaries with Cerner at the helm.
The 2010 CHC theme, "Moving Boundaries," draws attention to the importance of pushing boundaries physically and technologically in order to expand the scope and quality of healthcare. Focusing on that theme, more than 420 educational credits will be available across 22 diverse educational track sessions throughout the conference. CHC will also offer 14 Power Sessions, which highlight some of the industry's most debated issues and sets the stage for deeper exploration of these issues.
Stay Connected at CHC 2010
- Chat live wherever you are via Twitter using #CHC10
- Follow Cerner on Twitter @Cerner
- Don't forget the CHC Daily Blog, featuring client stories and CHC news
- For more information on Power Sessions and Educational Tracks, visit:
- If you are a member of the media and would like to attend one of the general session presentations, please contact Kelli Christman. Members of the media must be registered prior to attending these sessions.
- Media Only: For the official 2010 CHC Media Kit, click here.
Cerner is transforming healthcare by eliminating error, variance and waste for healthcare providers and consumers around the world. Cerner® solutions optimize processes for healthcare organizations ranging in size from single-doctor practices, to health systems, to entire countries, for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries, employer health and wellness services industry and for the healthcare commerce system. These solutions are licensed by more than 8,500 facilities around the world, including approximately 2,300 hospitals; 3,400 physician practices covering more than 30,000 physicians; 600 ambulatory facilities, such as laboratories, ambulatory centers, cardiac facilities, radiology clinics and surgery centers; 700 home-health facilities; and 1,500 retail pharmacies. The trademarks, service marks and logos (collectively, the "Marks") set forth herein are registered and unregistered trademarks and/or service marks owned by Cerner Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and certain other countries throughout the world. (Nasdaq:CERN). For more information about Cerner, please visit , Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube .
CONTACT: Cerner Corporation Investors Contact: Allan Kells (816) 201-2445 email@example.com Media Contact: Kelli Christman (816) 885-4342 firstname.lastname@example.org