REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 19, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced updates to its Global Customer Support (GCS) offerings, including to the support application, Informatica Support Console, as well as the availability of a new research report #K76 from independent research group Nucleus Research titled, .
Informatica Support Console
- Informatica Support Console version 1.5 is now generally available to Informatica Platform customers and includes dynamic reporting and real time administrative capabilities.
- In keeping pace with the adoption of social networking, Informatica has expanded to include social media tools as part of its support channel mix with the launch of a dedicated Twitter channel. It is exclusively for customer support services. Currently GCS also uses social media with a chat option to deliver live on demand customer service and with its user communities for interactive peer exchanges.
- Informatica GCS, recently named a finalist in the 2011 Stevie Awards for Innovation in Customer Service, has received industry top marks in customer loyalty for five years in a row according to third-party industry research experts. This recognition is a direct result of innovative support offerings and the use of cutting-edge technology to deliver exceptional technical support to customers. The company's core commitment to customer success has led to proactive support of increasingly large sets of complex products and customer environments thereby accelerating the return on investment (ROI) on Informatica deployments.
- GCS has introduced customer solutions using virtualization, cloud computing and on-demand infrastructure, which has resulted in:
- Reduction in unexpected downtime with proactive alerts;
- Lower total cost of ownership (TCO) with improved productivity; and
- Enhanced product performance and adoption.
Highlights from Nucleus Research Report
- The Assessing the Value of Informatica Support Services research report identifies the value of investing in Informatica Support services and according to the report: "Nucleus also found the more customers used strategic advice from Informatica, the better able they were to increase the returns on investments in both Informatica and their integrated assets."
- To pinpoint how companies can derive value from support agreements, Nucleus analyzed Informatica data integration deployments where support played a key role in both the use of Informatica and in changing the internal role of the IT staff.
- According to the analysis, the advantages of investing in Informatica support services include:
- Freeing up of IT staff to focus on business objectives – IT organizations are able to redeploy internal staff away from the day-to-day operations of applications to focus on more important tasks.
- Greater IT productivity – Each person's scope of responsibility becomes more narrowly focused and more is accomplished with the same number of people.
- Faster time-to-resolution – Internal IT staff spends less time trouble-shooting and data integration problems tend to be fixed faster.
- Increased cost-effectiveness – For smaller companies with limited IT budgets, relying on Informatica support services is an economical alternative to hiring consultants.
- Reduced operational risk – By improving application performance and increasing system uptime, Informatica support services reduce both operational risk and the cost of system disruption.
- The research from Nucleus also indicates that companies investing in higher levels of customer support are even better equipped to reduce operational risk, largely due to the immediate around-the-clock access to support personnel included in premium support programs.
Tweet this: New Nucleus Research Quantifies Value of Support Services from @InformaticaCorp #customercentricity
- "One way IT departments can rid themselves of the day-to-day responsibilities of application maintenance is to utilize application support agreements as a strategic asset," said David O'Connell, Senior Analyst, Nucleus Research. "The more organizations turn to vendor support teams for tasks such as application fine tuning and troubleshooting, the more time their IT departments can spend assisting the lines of business in making technology decisions that improve profitability."
- "Informatica's Global Customer Support has played an integral part in the successful rollout of Data Integration initiatives at Nike," said Steve Dennis, director, ICC, Nike. "During the years they continue to deliver more value through their innovative, timely service and support offerings and succeed in being trusted advisors to us and their broader customer base."
- "Timely expert support is as pivotal as software is to achieving data integration success," said Ansa Sekharan, senior vice president, Global Customer Support, Informatica. "The value provided by Informatica Global Customer Support has been decisive in Informatica achieving the top rank in Customer Loyalty for the last five years in the benchmark Data Integration Customer Satisfaction survey conducted by independent researcher TNS. Customers globally continue to tell us time and time again that because of Informatica Support they are able to achieve their business goals faster with less time and resources."
Additionally, as part of its strategy around global expansion, Informatica GCS now offers local language support for its customers in Korea. With that expansion Informatica now offers support in 11 local languages to efficiently serve the needs of its global customer base.
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent leader in data integration software. The Informatica Platform provides corporations with a comprehensive, unified, open and economical approach to lower IT costs and gain competitive advantage from their information assets. More than 4,200 companies worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise and in the internet cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit . Connect with Informatica at , and .
Note: Informatica, Informatica Platform and Informatica Global Customer Support are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com David Friedman Ogilvy PR +1 303 634 2674 firstname.lastname@example.org