GLOUCESTER, Mass., June 21, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
- TradeStone Software, delivering Merchandise Lifecycle Management (MLM) solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of retail goods, today announced its newest solution module, TradeStone Materials Management.
- TradeStone's Materials Management solution enables retailers to project key material needs, negotiate and reserve cost and delivery with mills and factories, control material positions, track consumption and manage liability.
- With TradeStone's solution, Sourcing Organizations now have visibility to all requirement build-ups so they can plan more effectively by aggregating expected demand. They can also proactively look for opportunities to improve the costs of goods by collaborating with product managers over material selections.
- Chief Financial Officers are also now for the first time able to have exposure into quantity liabilities and consumption tracking.
- Key benefits of Materials Management include being able to project material requirements across departments, divisions and banners, the ability to negotiate a better price based on volume with mills and factories, and the ability to shorten time to market by pre-positioning raw materials and adjusting in-season.
- Materials Management can be implemented both as a point solution and as an add-on to the company's Merchandise Lifecycle Management suite. The solution can be deployed in-house, via hosting, as well as through a SaaS model.
- TradeStone has also expanded their material and color library capabilities and recently signed an agreement with Pantone LLC to pre-load their colors into TradeStone's solution.
- TradeStone will be holding a Webinar session on Thursday, July 14 at 11:00 am ET/4:00pm GMT to discuss the benefits of Materials Management. To register for the session, visit or .
- "In today's world, there is now a race to excel in raw materials, especially given the current crisis around cotton and other materials," said Chris Morrison, SVP Sales & Marketing, TradeStone Software. "Retailers require technology that supports the ever-changing commodities market. Our Materials Management solution is unique in the market with its ability for collaboration with vendors and mills directly on pricing and commitments, as well as functionality for order management and consumption tracking. Already in place at several customer sites, feedback from these early-adopters, especially at the CFO level has been phenomenal and we are very proud to be delivering this new module."
About TradeStone Software, Inc.
TradeStone Software helps retailers, brand manufacturers and suppliers increase market share and improve margins through the use of Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of their private label and branded goods. Organizations including American Eagle Outfitters, Belk, Boots, Guitar Center, Kohl's, Le Chateau, Macy's, NBrown Catalog Company, Pacific Sunwear, Shoprite, Talbots, The Children's Place, Urban Outfitters and Wilkinson use TradeStone's solutions to help them bring innovative and highly profitable products to market at record speeds.
TradeStone Software is headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., with offices in Atlanta, Bangalore, Hong Kong and London. More information can be found on the Web at .
CONTACT: Media Contact: Tania Stockbridge TradeStone Software 978-281-3723 email@example.com