Friday, April 22, is Earth Day, a day to pay tribute to what our planet has to offer and a time to reflect on our collective and individual efforts toward sustainability. This year marks the 52nd anniversary since the first Earth Day in 1970, and shoppers are growing increasingly concerned with sustainability when it comes to sourcing products, from cleaning supplies to shoes. In a November 2021 study by strategy and consulting firm Simon-Kucher, 50 percent of shoppers said that sustainability is one of their top five value drivers when making purchasing decisions. With so much growing concern about sustainability, the number of people engaging in second-hand shopping has also boomed in recent years.
With increasing attention towards zero emissions efforts and climate neutral goals, shoppers are changing their behaviors and looking for brands that prioritize sustainability. This Earth Day, we’ve compiled sales and deals from brands and retailers working to create eco-friendly products. We also highlighted deals on items that may help you reduce your everyday waste.
Earth Day 2022 sales to consider
We chose the sales below because we think you’ll find them interesting — they typically include multiple deals and, of course, not every product in a sale is going to be the best deal around.
- Rent The Runway: Up to 90 percent off select clearance items to buy
- Rebelnell: Up to 60 percent off select sale jewelry styles
- Baggu: Up to 50 percent off select sale bags and accessories
- Pact: Up to 50 percent off select earth month doorbuster products like women’s leggings and men’s shorts
- Charlie Banana: 50 percent off sitewide from reusable diapers to reusable menstrual care products through April 22
- Nisolo: Up to 50 percent off select sale style men’s and women’s shoes
- Brightly: Up to 50 percent off during the warehouse sale including deals on apparel, kitchen goods, and more
- Made Trade: Up to 50 percent off select sale styles
- Amour Vert: Up to 40 percent off select sale styles
- mini+meep: 40 percent off while supplies lasts
- Pela: Up to 40 percent off select clearance styles
- Forsake: Up to 37 percent off select clearance style men’s and women’s shoes
- Tru Earth: Up to 37 percent off during the Earth Month sale
- Girlfriend Collective: Up to 30 percent off select sale styles
- Schwanen Garten: 30 percent off sitewide through April 23
- Bee’s Wrap: 30 percent off sitewide with code EARTHDAY2022
- UpWest: Up to 30 percent off during the Spring Sale, with one tree planted for every order placed
- Cozy Earth: Up to 30 percent off sitewide
- Tentree: Up to 30 percent off select sale styles while supplies last
- Stasher: 25 percent off sitewide during the Earth Month Sale
- Esembly Baby: 25 percent off sitewide through April 28
- S’well: 25 percent off sitewide during the Earth Week sale, with some exclusions
- One Ocean Beauty: 25 percent off orders over $125 with code EARTH25
- Ello: 25 percent off sitewide through April 22 using code EARTH25
- BioBidet: 25 percent off top-selling products through April 24
- Jiminy’s: 25 percent off all dog foods using code PAWPRINT25
- Cerqular: 25 percent off products under $300 sitewide through April 25
- LifeProof: 20 percent off all gear made with recycled materials
- Wholesome Culture: 20 percent off the Respect the Planet collection with code PLANET, with a portion of sales going towards planting new trees
- Zip Top: 20 percent off sitewide with code PLASTICFREE through April 24
- W&P Designs: 20 percent off sitewide through April 24
- Avocado Green Mattress: 20 percent off the Haas fleece collection and $100 off bed frames
- The Sak: 15 percent off eco-conscious bag and shoe styles using code EARTHDAY15
- Fab Habitat: 15 percent off rugs, accent pillows and more sitewide with code FABEARTH15 through April 25
- Well Earth Goods: 10 percent off orders over $65 with code EARTHDAYSALE
- My Green Mattress: Save $100 on certified organic mattresses with code GREEN100
Earth Day deals to consider
We rounded up the best ongoing deals on highly rated products and brands Select readers have shown interest in — all of them are either products or brands we've previously recommended at full price.
Stasher is a Select reader and staff favorite for its wide array of reusable bags, and the brand’s newly launched bowls are now on sale. They are available in five sizes — 1 cup, 2 cups, 4 cups, 6 cups and 8 cups —and in a selection of clear or rainbow colors, depending on which size you buy. You can purchase the bowls individually, or in three- or five-pack bundles. Select writer Zoe Malin tried the bowls and said they are “sturdier compared to the bags” and are easier to fill thanks to their wide mouth opening.
W&P Designs — a Select reader favorite brand for its travel mugs and reusable silicone bags — makes many products that can help eliminate shoppers’ need for single-use plastic. The brand recently launched the Porter Insulated Collection, which includes this insulated glass as well as the new Porter Insulated Tumblr. The 11-ounce ceramic-coated glass is splash resistant and dishwasher safe, according to W&P. The exterior has a non-slip silicone sleeve and is available in three colors.
This top-rated bidet from BioBidet is among several top-selling bidets the brand discounted in honor of Earth Day. Experts say bidets are better for your body and for the environment, as they can help reduce your toilet paper use. The BB-800 Prestige Bidet Seat’s features include a heated seat, adjustable water pressure, adjustable nozzle position, side panel controls, a deodorizer and a warm air dryer, according to the brand.
The Google Nest Learning Thermostat comes recommended both from previous expert guidance and from Consumer Reports’ tests. It has smart learning capabilities and humidity sensors, and it can detect when people are home to adjust temperature accordingly. Not only can it help you conserve energy, but it can also help you conserve costs, according to the brand, as it can be scheduled to heat or cool in low-demand times when energy costs less.
Girlfriend Collective — a Select reader favorite brand for its sweat shorts, skorts, bralettes and more — launched this gender neutral fleece design in August. Girlfriend Collective says that all of its textiles are made of recycled materials, and it has information about its SA8000 and Oeko-Tex certifications available online. The half-zip is partially made with recycled plastic bottles, according to Girlfriend Collective, and when you’re done wearing it, you can send it back to the brand to be recycled into future clothes.
Avocado, a Certified B Corporation that says it’s carbon negative as of 2020, makes some of our favorite eco-friendly mattresses, but they also make other sustainable sleep-related products. This bed frame is made from 100 percent sustainably harvested maple or walnut, according to Avocado. For an additional cost, shoppers can purchase it with an optional 41- or 46-inch-tall headboard, which should fit every Avocado mattress size.