European nations have been playing a blame game, accusing each other of not doing enough to address a burgeoning refugee crisis.
More than 4 million Syrians have fled their country's civil war, according to the U.N. Here's a look at where they are ending up — by the numbers.
- 1.9 Million: The number of Syrian refugees registered in Turkey, according to UNHCR
- 75 percent: Increase in number of first-time asylum applications from Syrians between the first quarter of 2014 and first quarter of 2015, according to Eurostat
- 98 percent: The number of Syrian applications for asylum in Germany that had positive outcomes so far this year, according to government figures
- 348,540: The number of total Syrian asylum applications in Europe between April 2011 and July 2015, according to UNHCR.
- Nearly 140,000 of those applications were made in 2014 alone. 47 percent of those applications were made in Germany or Sweden; 98,783: Applications in Germany; 7,030: Applications in the U.K.