JAKARTA, Indonesia and BELLEVUE, Wash., Nov. 2, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In partnership with Motricity, (Nasdaq:MOTR), a leading mobile data services provider, XL Axiata, the fastest growing mobile operator in Indonesia, announced the launch of XLGo!, providing its 38.5 million subscribers one-click access to the mobile Internet, mobile social networking, email, personalized content, and carrier information. XLGo! is powered by Motricity's mCore Platform and provides a simple and user-friendly means for consumers to access the Internet, stay connected to social networks like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and experience XL's social network, Funbook. XLGo! also provides one-click access to personal email accounts such as, Gmail, Yahoo, and MSN. In addition to mobile social networking, and e-mail content; XLGo! offers subscribers real-time access to account information, pricing offers, and user-specific promotions, enabling real-time fulfillment of XL's services.
"The launch of XLGo! is part of our broader work with Motricity to provide the best mobile Internet experience, making it more personalized and accessible for our subscribers," said Nicanor Santiago, chief marketing officer at XL Axiata. "Mobile social networking is one of the most popular mobile data services we offer and, for the first time, XLGo! provides subscribers with one-click access to all their social networks, popular content, and email, in one convenient location."
Powered by Motricity's hosted, managed service, mCore Platform, XLGo! enables greater engagement on mobile content, social media and email sites by providing the following features:
- Content Aggregation: Subscribers now have access to all the most popular content, email and social networking sites direct from their mobile device through a single, easy-to-access destination.
- Single Sign-On: Once a user personalizes their view of XLGo! they can access all of their content, email and social networks with one login, eliminating the need to remember different passwords and user IDs.
- News Feeds: RSS functionality allows subscribers to browse through feeds and add them to their home page, ensuring they get the news, sports and content that is most relevant to them. XLGo! offers four categories of RSS feeds; entertainment and lifestyle, news, sports and technology. Subscribers can visit each category to view up to 10 feeds at a time.
- Social Networking Capabilities: Through XLGo!, subscribers can publish status updates across multiple networks (Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace), check on the status of their network friends, read and comment on posts, and share compelling content through a single, user-friendly interface.
- Operator Services: Through the strength and flexibility of the mCore Platform, Motricity offers XL subscribers the ability to manage their account directly from their mobile device. Users can check their available prepaid balance, select special offers, and redeem a wide range of prepaid offerings. This feature enables XL to leverage subscriber behavior analytics and target offers that are compelling to XL subscribers in real time.
"XL Axiata's launch of XLGo! is the company's first deployment of solutions and services that leverage Motricity's mCore Platform. XL's commitment to providing its subscribers a world class mobile Internet experience is pivotal," said Ryan Wuerch, chief executive officer and founder of Motricity. "As one of the most trusted operators in the mobile data ecosystem, we believe XL will lead the way to deliver a rich mobile Internet experience in one of the fastest growing regions in the world and we are proud to partner with them."
About XL Axiata
XL Axiata is one of the major cellular providers in Indonesia. XL Axiata is 66.7% owned by Axiata Group Berhad through Axiata Investments (Indonesia) Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Indocel Holding Sdn Bhd) and Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (Etisalat) through Etisalat International Indonesia Ltd (13.3%), and public (20%), and is part of Axiata Group with Aktel (Bangladesh), HELLO (Cambodia), Idea (India), MTCE (Iran), Celcom (Malaysia), Multinet (Pakistan), M1 (Singapore), Samart (Thailand) and Dialog (Sri Lanka), to advancing Asia.
Motricity (Nasdaq:MOTR) is a leading mobile data solutions provider exclusively focused on the rapidly growing mobile Internet market. It serves some of the world's largest mobile carriers, simplifying the mobile Internet and creating a personalized mobile experience for subscribers. Motricity helps companies leverage the power of mobility to make direct, personalized connections with their customers. For more information, visit or follow the company on Twitter @ motricity.
The Motricity, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=7813
CONTACT: PT XL Axiata Tbk Media Contacts: Febriati Nadira 62.817 636 7788 febriatiN@xl.co.id Motricity Media Contacts: Jennifer Morgan, Director, Public Relations (425) 638-8375 email@example.com